Thread: MT2000 continuous rotary ?

Thanks

Default MT2000 continuous rotary ?

I just wondered if anyone had successfully added the continuous rotary feature to an MT2000. I enabled it in lab & the rollover alert option appears in the software, but It doesn't seem to work in the radio. Any ideas, Thanks, Randy

Thanks

That feature is for the mobile W4 series. The channel selector in the MT2000 radios is a binary counter switch (0-F). The control in the mobiles is a increment/decrement (+/-) switch.

You must remeber that lab/depot software contains many features that may not be supported by that particular radio or series of radios. But continue to experiment you never know what you might discover.

Thanks

There were Euro versions of the MTS that had a continuous rotary channel knob as well.

Thanks

Thanks Magnus I didnt know that.

Thanks

I have an 800 Mhz mtx8000 model 1 that does it as well, I wanted it for a VHF one, Thanks guys

Thanks

I've never been able to add the feature via Lab. I've had success in taking an existing codeplug and dumping it in however.

Thanks

Well in that case, does anyone have a codeplug or srec with continuous rotary enabled for a top display model 1 MT2000 VHF? Email to kg4axx@aol.com. Thanks, Randy

GS4 is offline Inactive CS Forums $upporter
    Thanks

Randy,

If you would like to send me your Srecord I will see what I can do. I have done a few A4 upgrades in the past. I do have the Srecords for the 99 channel top display MTX2000's (Yes MTX) units used in Australia if I can't convert yours. The hardware end of it is not hard at all, you will have to pull the channel encoder apart and remove the stop, do not just brute force it. The continuous rotary blank channel escutcheon is NLA so you will need to paint it or use a Sharpie to black out the numbers.

GS

Thanks

Thanks for taking a look GS4, I've already removed the channel stop, just can't get the radio to recognize the changes, Thanks again, here's the s-rec, Randy
    Last edited by Randy's; Jun 13, 2012 at 09:35 PM.

Thanks

OK try the attached srecords. The one you sent was edited for c/r and it is the A4B.S. It is untested because I do not have a MT2000 to test it on. So please try it first and let us know.

There is a second file also that is a new MTS2000 W8 Srecord. It came form CPS and I forgot to do a read/write with Depot RSS so you will have to do that to roll the version so you can use DOS RSS.

GS
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks

Thanks GS, the one of mine you modified still didn't work, but the W8 srec with some lab work for top display & resetting all the tuner settings worked like a charm. Thanks again for your time, Randy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Randy's View Post
    Thanks GS, the one of mine you modified still didn't work, but the W8 srec with some lab work for top display & resetting all the tuner settings worked like a charm. Thanks again for your time, Randy
    Glad it worked, I thought you had a front display from the model number, I would have done a top display codeplug for you. I can post an sreccord form a top display MTX838 with 255 channels if you want, or I can make up another MTS2000 CP with a top display just let me know.

GS

Thanks

I had put that srecord in a while back to get 160 channels, then I went up to 255 channels later. No, the srec you sent is working great, now I can access them all, not just through scan lists. I appreciate you correcting the serial number & all. Thanks again, Randy

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Randy's View Post
    I had put that srecord in a while back to get 160 channels, then I went up to 255 channels later. No, the srec you sent is working great, now I can access them all, not just through scan lists. I appreciate you correcting the serial number & all. Thanks again, Randy

We are here to help, and I'm glad I could. I like the continuous rotary units, I had several of the VHF MTX 838's over time till the last one was stolen out of the service van by some local tweeker (I do have a bunch of MTS2K C/R unit's now). If you do want the correct model number let me know, I'll post one of the A4 Srecs.

GS

Thanks

No, that's alright, the model number is no big deal to me, as long as it works, Sorry to hear the thieves got to you, thanks again, Randy