Thread: XTS-3000 programming question

Thanks

Default XTS-3000 programming question

First, let me say its great to be part of a community where information flows..................freely, without moderation. Now, for my question. I have completed my first Motorola programming project with a XTS-3000 with a Host: 04.01.05 DSP 6.03.02. I am aware that this firmware is ancient. I am using Astro Saber & XTS-3000 CPS R05.03.00. I have it set up with conventional VHF frequencies. I have a good understanding of the software, but want to do this right: What would be involved if I wanted to add "Call Alert Page" capabilities to it. I eventually will have at least 5 of these, and want the ability to page (portable to portable) individual radios as necessary. Any help with this would be great.

Thanks,
    Sparky

Neo No Longer Registered

Call Alert Page is not a flashport option, but the radios firmware must support that option. The firmware is so old in that XTS3000 that call alert page may not available. Call Alert Page works great in the Astro radios, I use it all the time. In order for you radio to have that option, a firmware upgrade may be needed. Not sure what firmware release added the Call Alert Option to the Astro series.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Call Alert Page is not a flashport option, but the radios firmware must support that option. The firmware is so old in that XTS3000 that call alert page may not available. Call Alert Page works great in the Astro radios, I use it all the time. In order for you radio to have that option, a firmware upgrade may be needed. Not sure what firmware release added the Call Alert Option to the Astro series.
    Yes, differently is the firmware age ... There are some users on here that will (for a fee) update such things as firmware ...