Thread: Monitoring a P25 system without affiliation

Ken.Adams No Longer Registered

Default Monitoring a P25 system without affiliation

Can anyone provide some insight on how to monitor a P25 system with an EFJ portable without affiliation? I've been told it can be done, but I've never been given any details.

Thanks

you might have to do similar steps as the motorola radios. use the scan and conventional method.

XPR8300 No Longer Registered

If i remember correctly TIA102 specifies that a radio programmed onto a TRS must register before allowing a talk group to be un-muted.

Thanks

I finally got my radio today and was looking to program in a system using this method. However... I can't seem to find a way to add a trunked talkgroup to a conventional scanlist (like you can in the Astro25 CPS). Perhaps I'm just missing something here... Has anyone done this that can advise? Thanks!

Thanks

Scan list type should be multisystem talkgroup scan.

Thanks

I'm not seeing any way to do that... When I'm in my conventional system, if I go to System Lists/Priority Scan Lists it will only let me select from zones that have conventional channels in them. If I select my trunked zone it does not show any of the talkgroups as available.

Thanks

Send me your codeplug, Magnus at p 25 dot ca

Thanks

Will do. Thanks for the help!

Thanks

I'm afraid the radio wide scan list may be the only option as it does allow conventional and trunked channels in the same list.

Thanks

I agree, that appears to be the only option. I tried that on a large simulcast system I was within range of today and it worked quite well. Can only scan 16 talkgroups but the RX audio was far superior to my Pro-106. Here's the weird thing... come back home, program in the system that I really want to listen to... and nothing. Not a peep out of the radio while the scanner yaps away beside it. Programming looks good, signal is good. I'm stumped... time for some thinkin' beers.

Thanks

Figured out the issue for my local system... the default base/step in PC Configure don't match my local system. Once I adjusted that away it went.

deejay No Longer Registered

Default Help with 800 simulcast monitoring

Hi, I have an 7/800 51SL that i'm trying to do the same thing.. There's a large simulcast system here that I'd like to monitor with no affiliate.. Someone had given me info on doing that a while back but I have lost the info and their contact info.. Any help I can get is majorly appreciated!
    -DJ

jdl462 No Longer Registered

The only way I have found so far is the radio wide scan which is described in various threads here. I'm currently trying to find another way to do it. But for some reason my radio still tries to affiliate even while scanning. It still talks, except while in the process of trying to affiliate in which case it misses a few things. If anybody knows of a way to just select a channel on the trunked system and monitor without affiliate please help me with it.

Thanks

The only success I have had is with the Radio Wide Scan list... it works, but it's not the greatest as you are limited to 16 groups and you can't map a single group to a dummy channel for individual monitoring. Whenever I try it any other way the radio always attempts to affiliate.