Thread: radio cannot be identified

gaztolmie No Longer Registered

Default radio cannot be identified

Trying to read one of our tm9100's but get an error radio cannot be identified. Am using tmaa23-01 programming app version 9.21.

I have read that it is because the radio was programmed with a dealer specific programming version from tait, is this accurate?

The software is legit and purcahsed directly from tait. The radio goes into programming mode as displayed on the handset. Is there a way around this?

We don't want to alter the programming on the radio to be read but to program another radio in our other vehicle with the same channels and groups.

Anyone got any thoughts?

Thanks

A lot of radios are now being released with custom product firmware embodied. If your radio does have CP firmware embodied, you will have to download a more 'generic' version of firmware in order for the version of software you have to work with the radio.

What is listed when you 'interrogate' the radio using the software you have?

I'm not ignoring your assistance, just waiting till the vehicle comes back off site to get the information. Sorry for the delay.

Thanks

Also, Tx9100_PROG_v9_27_00.zip is the latest.... Maybe its an older software than was programmed with originally?

Can't read or interogate the radio with the software. From the radio itself I get
    FW-QMA3F-CA1-29.54.1
    TMAB32-B100-0105

Thanks

This may be a custom firmware... Mine reports as:

FW: QMA3F_A00_7.79.22.0001
    HW: TMAB32-H600_0105

Maybe you can try loading the default firmware on there? Or talk to Tait if its all legit.

It's a legit radio from our mine spec car. I would change the firmware but don't want to lose channel and group info as it would be a real pain ( and expensive as we would have to use one of the two authorised agents ) to get them reprogramed. Will try to get onto Tait to see if they will help.

I have emailled Tait for assistance, lets see how that goes. Meanwhile does anyone have any other ides?

Thanks

Did you get anything from Tait?

Tait just told me to contact the local agent and gave me the details. We're back in QLD so I will drop into one of the BMA authorised agents and have a chat in person.

Requesting thread closed as radio no longer has this firmware in it and no further work can be done. Thanks for all assistance.