Thread: Rebanding Questions

rayden182002 No Longer Registered

Default Rebanding Questions

oh ok. Im new to the radio programming and am kind of learning as I go. I recently had to send my mts2000 off to get rebanded so I could continue to use it. My local system has already finished with the rebanding process so what ever I buy will have to be rebanded so it will work. And since I do not know how to do it thats why I asked. I have not yet tried to learn how to program the xts series yet. Everyone tells me that is most likely the series that my local departments will choose when they decide to replace the mts2000's. I am guessing the rebanding process is not simple?

Thank you for the fast reply.

Thanks

It's quite simple actually

update the firmware to rebanding compliant if its not already.
    Check the rebanding enabled checkbox
    Add the rebanded control channel freq's
    Add the rebanded failsoft freq's if used

Anything further not related to this sale should be posted in a new thread.

Really? That sounds simple enough. Is that done in the tuner or the cps software? Also since you guys are way more knowledgeable then me in the programming world, is there a way for me to convert or export my programming from my mts2000 in to a xts series or astro saber series?

Thank you for the fast reply.

Thanks

Its done in CPS and you should be able to do a top level drag and drop from a MTS to any of those radio's.

Oh sorry if i posted in the wrong forum page. Im new to forums too. You lost me at top level drag and drop. What would I have to do to export the programming to a astro saber that has already been rebanded?

Thank you for your help! I appreciate it!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rayden182002 View Post
    Oh sorry if i posted in the wrong forum page. Im new to forums too.
    Its not that, it just we got off of the topic of Jay's particular radio and I don't want to clutter up his thread.

A top level drag and drop is opening two codeplugs side by side IE your mts codeplug and a new astro codeplug. You then click, hold and drag the top most part of the codeplug tree from the MTS to the Astro and drop it on the top most level of that codeplug. There are some videos on this in the cps help topics.

Ok I was over thinking that one. I did not think it was that simple. I just watched the videos and it does seem very simple. I really would like to buy that radio jay is selling but im not sure I would be able to reband it myself. Maybe I can find a tutorial somewhere that would show me how to reband these radios. I'm betting I am over thinking the whole rebanding process also. Thank you for all your help!

Thanks

Well if you choose to buy the radio we will be here to help answer any questions we can. And if your MTS has been rebanded the drag and drop should take care of the new radio as far as rebanding goes.

Thank you very much! i am really glad that i found this website. You guys are awesome! I think its time for me to work some overtime so I can buy a newer radio.