Thread: xts 3000 software help

KC9UNK No Longer Registered

Default xts 3000 software help

I could really use some help with this software,im so used to useing kenwood programming software,i cant figure out how to set up the scanning feature and i cant figure out how to activate the rest of the channels/banks(A,B,C),Im useing Model 1 (48 ch) but cant figure out how to open the rest of the channels.Any help or feedback would be great. Thank you. "73 KC9UNK, Firefighter/First responder- MKX Stormspotter

Thanks
    Thanked 5,829 Times in 1,716 Posts

dids u tries teh helps manu.its quite good if you used.the serch in teh CPS.just type in SCAN and click serch.

Thanks

Generally the basic scan feature requires the following feilds to be matched up.

- each channel where you want scan must have scan enabled (sometimes the proper scan list mus also be selected)
    - the scan list needs to have the channels in it you wish to scan
    - any trunking personalities must be configured for no affiliate
    - any didital personalities have to be set up as digital.

As I said this is general info your radio CPS/RSS may be slightly different but thats the general idea. Most issues are in steps 1 and 2

Well i thank you guys for you advice,i must be really stupid cause i haven't been able to figure it out for almost 3 weeks,and im still not any closer,i cant activate scan,i cant activate the other 32 channels,im to the point where im ready to get rid of the radio cause its just a basic shell,with all these features i cant figure out. I seriously feel dumb,when it comes to kenwood software i can do it all with my eyes closed. If someone would be willing to even give me a call to explain it better id be extremely grateful.

Thanks

You need to assign the abc switch to zone select.

Please read the forum description before posting questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pezking View Post
    You need to assign the abc switch to zone select.

Please read the forum description before posting questions.
    That feature doesn't work for conventional programing. , only for trunking as far as I've been able to understand

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KC9UNK View Post
    That feature doesn't work for conventional programing. , only for trunking as far as I've been able to understand
    It most certainly does work that way. How else do you you get 48 channels on a non-display radio? 163=48. That is where the ABC switch comes into play.

Quote Originally Posted by Pezking View Post
    It most certainly does work that way. How else do you you get 48 channels on a non-display radio? 163=48. That is where the ABC switch comes into play.
    So does that mean u can't access the other channels unless it's trunked? Cause we're useing p25 but it's open air conventional frequencies

Thanks

The abc switch is used to select the zone, what is contained within those zones has nothing to do with the switch.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    dids u tries the helps manu.its quite good if you used.the serch in the CPS.just type in SCAN and click serch.
    Thanks for these informations, he helped me solve a problem I've been long time having. These forums is best! Hooray USA!