Thread: Need help to determine xts2500 m3 keypad pcb pn#

radiogeek97 No Longer Registered

Default Need help to determine xts2500 m3 keypad pcb pn#

folks
    i posted in a previous thread about an xts2500 display problem. I have run down the problem to be the keypad pcb. I had a donor radio and swapped out all the parts and checked everything and when i replace the keypad pcb the broken radio works fine. The part number on the board is ntn9638a 4182mal-2. I can not find this part anywhere?? the closest part i can find is by the ntn9638a and that is for the whole front cover assy$$$$. Can anybody help me in figuring out the pn# . The radio is an xts2500r2 model 3 uhf. I have the board out and can post a pic. There are some other numbers on the board in gold line 1) 51-02-4 line 2) 92213 line 3) 8485777co2a thanks for any help. i sure hope this is avail seperately. thanks
    john

Thanks
    Thanked 4,931 Times in 1,469 Posts

Is your keypad a UCM or just a plain old keypad?

I have spare keypads (non UCM) for XTS2500 M3. The cost is $30 CAD + shipping. If you're interested, drop me a PM.

Mars thanks will do. Do we know if that board a seperate pn# nontheless? I have a pretty big moto dealer near me that services a few local big public saftey depts that may have one.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,931 Times in 1,469 Posts

As far as I know, there's really no specific part numbers for the non-UCM boards, besides the different keypad configurations. (buttons missing?)

I believe Pezking had one a while back which was from a model 1.5, and had a rubber pad covering the contacts. I think I put a contact/membrane/sticker thing on it and sent it back to him. It was last winter; maybe he can refresh my memory if he reads this post. (His power is still out, post-storm in the mid-west)

The UCM keypads have different p/n depending on model of radio, algorithms flashed, and possibly to identify SP-versions which have extremely-dim LED/LCD lighting, which was a custom thing for the USMC so as to be compatible with their night-vision optics.

But if all you need is a working, model III, non-UCM, normal lighting keypad, that's what I have

Guys
    I downloaded the basic service manual and located the PN# for the pcb, for those that may need it it is:0104021j68 (that is for the mod 3 full keypad assy) they list just the plain pcb but the above pn# comes with the metal poppel pad installed. Not sure who would want to waste their time re-attaching the button contacts but the did have a seperate listing.

David23Kipp No Longer Registered

I was just browsing for relevant posts about and I happened to stumble upon yours. Thanks for the useful information!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by radiogeek97 View Post
    Not sure who would want to waste their time re-attaching the button contacts but the did have a seperate listing.
    radiogeek97-

Are you saying that you were able to find a separate part number for just the button contacts? I can only find a part number for the entire board.