Thread: Tait TP9160 DES operation

Thanks

Default Tait TP9160 DES operation

Hi,
    I have a TP9160 portable radio in which I have recently purchased the SFE option "057" which is for DES operation and base keyloading.

The SFE has been activated successfully on the Tait TP/TM9000 programming application and the radio itself allows me to activate the "demo key" through the radio menus, and the 'key' then shows on the display...
    but the radio will not transmit an encrypted P25 transmission, the transmission stays clear, as received by my other radios. All settings in the programming application are set the same as my mobiles which TX/RX encryption successfully.

I am thinking that the firmware loaded into the portable is at fault. The current firmware is QPA1F_A00_7.10.01.0001, is this a crypto denied firmware version?

Does anyone have a version in which could fix the above issue?? TP9160.JPG
    Thanks.

Thanks

Have you used the Keyloader to load a DES key? The demo key will decode on just about anything - however to get a proper key loaded, you need to use the keyloader...

Thanks

The demo key is a single DES key which is loaded using the programming app. Now I have three mobiles which I am using the demo key between for security, whereas this portable does not encrypt the same. Are you aware of the crypto denied firmware versions? I will have access to a key loader soon.

Thanks

Yeah - there is a crypto-denied firmware version - although I haven't tried the demo key with it at all.

Have you managed to change the demo key from the default and still have it work? My attempts have always made it come up with Key Fail when trying...

Thanks

Yes, no matter what I've tried I've had no success. I haven't obtained any F/W yet to try on the radio.

wonky No Longer Registered

Motorobber, may I ask how much the DES option was to purchase?

Thanks

About AUD400.

wonky No Longer Registered

ok that is not as bad as I was expecting...this might be a better question for CRC, but has anyone managed to get a 91XX radio to passively monitor / scan TG's on a P25 system as can be done with Moto's?

Thanks

You probably could but I haven't had any interest in that. I'm just building on my own network.

I'm still on the lookout for some TP crypto capable firmware, even as obselete as version 6.
    FIle names start off like QPA1F_A00_x.xx.xx.xxxx

I'm keen to make a swap of sorts or even a donation in return. Help!!

Thanks

Firmware obtained. Thanks.