Thread: XTS3000 power up tones

Thanks

Default XTS3000 power up tones

Hi everyone hope everyone is alright. I'm new here so a quick intro my name is Scott and my Call is KC2OBW.

So here is my question. I have recently purchased a XTS3000 MI. Everything works fine no issues with P25 or anything else.

When powering up I get the self test tone and then a short little beep after kinda sounds like the beep you get from pushing a unprogrammed button, it kinda has me wondering why it is doing this. I have owned a XTS3k MIII before and never had it happen on that radio.

The Flash Code of my radio is 101001-000000-5.

I'm leaning towards that it might be related to the trunked remote monitor/radio trace.

Thanks

I was going to ask what it said on the display...

Sounds like it may be a "Key Fail" warning, does it have a UCM installed?
    Andrew

Thanks

Sounds like you are getting a low BOOP tone and the radio is reporting an error code. If you had a display model, you would likely see the error code on the display. The most common instance I've seen is where someone pulls the UCM module, but doesn't uncheck the secure equipped box in CPS. The radio looks for the module and then errors out, but lets you keep operating. It could also be other error codes.

Thanks

Bigfella and Jay.

I'm unsure if it has a UCM. I will double check my programming later on tonight when I get home from work and make sure that the secure equipped box is unchecked.

It could be likely if it had a UCM board and it was pulled, the radio I bought off a seller in Canada and from what I was told these came out of a local police agency up there. So they could of pulled the boards when the deprogrammed the radios.

Thanks

Okay so I figured out the problem. The wasn't any issues with secure being enabled. After futzing around with the radio I was noticing it was only doing that beep when I had the round switch on top in a certain position. I currently have that switch programmed for talkaround on position B, and position A was left "unprogrammed" so I changed it from unprogrammed to blank and fixed my problem.