Thread: ASTRO - More than 20 scanlists?

Thanks

Default ASTRO - More than 20 scanlists?

I know from earlier posts that the limit of 255 channels is fixed, but what about scanlists? Can this limit be increased beyond the 20 that CPS seems willing to give me?

--mws / kf4lhp

Neo No Longer Registered

Quote Originally Posted by kf4lhp
    I know from earlier posts that the limit of 255 channels is fixed, but what about scanlists? Can this limit be increased beyond the 20 that CPS seems willing to give me?

--mws / kf4lhp
    The CPS may give you 50 scan members, but when you try and save the codeplug or write it to the radio it will puke out. The scan members ( Trunked or Conventional ) do have a limit as the space in the codeplug is only a specific length for each scan list. The scan list blocks in the srec/codeplug are NOT dynamic, so there is a physical limit.

I want to say 20 or 21 is the max limit before the cps won't know how to pack the extra scan members into its srec, which ultimately is saved as an encrypted codeplug.

Try changing the scan list to 25 and see if it errors when saving the codeplug and work your way down from there till the CPS or radio doesn't complain/error.

Thanks

When you find the limit please post your results here so others will know as well.

Thanks

FYI, this is an XTS3000 with flashcode 548008-000480-9 - one of the ones Mars is selling. Using CPS R05.03.00.

I can create up to 20 scan lists, no more, and can't change the number of scan list members - its fixed at 10, can't add or delete. I'm assuming this is pretty much going to be it with this particular flash.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,774 Times in 1,707 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kf4lhp View Post
    FYI, this is an XTS3000 with flashcode 548008-000480-9 - one of the ones Mars is selling. Using CPS R05.03.00.

I can create up to 20 scan lists, no more, and can't change the number of scan list members - its fixed at 10, can't add or delete. I'm assuming this is pretty much going to be it with this particular flash.
    http://www.p25.ca/threads/25-HOWTO-1...er-and-XTS3000

Thanks

All of these answers addressed the # of scan list MEMBERS but not the total number of scan LISTS (20 is the default limit). We know that the scan list members can be increased to at least 15, but can the number of lists be increased to more than 20?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,774 Times in 1,707 Posts

YouHF: I guess one of us can try to locate the offset for this in CPS, but the question is: Will the radio support it? If the firmware doesn't recognize the extra lists and the codeplug doesn't have space for them, then it won't happen.

I know the extra scanlists would come in handy if doing the no-affiliate method, as you need a dedicated scanlist to make a virtual "manual talkgroup" (scanlist with only one member). This is the equivalent of being parked on a trunking talkgroup with scan disabled.