Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motorola ASTRO25 - Optimize your audio settings

Thanks
    Thanked 6,650 Times in 1,897 Posts

Sorry, ignore what I said about not using a AGC. Obviously, it's been a while since I've touched one of these radios. If AGC does not work properly, disable it and try the linear gain settings. Start at -3dB.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,718 Times in 866 Posts

You might want to consider a noise cancelling mike option like the Shure 577b. Motorola doesn't make a NC mike for the XTL that I know of, anymore.
    Apparently NOT a radio professional.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to com501 For This Useful Post:

snapple4th No Longer Registered

Thanks guys.

Ill be posting some clips of the testing I am doing regarding the motorcycle mic, we are ordering a helmet mic.

I also want to hammer down my portable subscriber audio a little better. I have some issues with muffling on portables especially with fast-talkers or natural mumblers/soft-talkers. My loud talkers sound awesome and AGC turns it down. This is all on P25 Phase 1 conventional. My coverage is great but I want to "clean up" the clarity of the audio a little better. I plan on doing the following tests with AGC on, AGC OFF no gain and AGC off +3 gain. Noise suppression standard and digital/analog balance enabled. Ill post the results.

Anyone have difficult time with mumblers and soft-talkers on your system?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to snapple4th For This Useful Post: