Thread: Astro Spectra Invalid Field?

Thanks

Default Astro Spectra Invalid Field?

Trying to program a few frequencies into my AS, running in to an issue. CPS is telling me that I have an invalid MODAT field. Asking me to change the revert personalities. I don't have MODAT enabled in any personality, so why am I getting this error?

-Dennis

Neo No Longer Registered

With MODAT enabled codeplug, you must have one channel dedicated to MODAT emergency revert. You need to create one personality somewhere in the codeplug with MODAT enabled, and direct the emergency MODAT emergency revert feature to that channel. No other way around this.

Also the Astro Spectra doesn't support MODAT. It may be in the flashcode etc, but the radios firmware doesn't contain MODAT "code". The Astro Spectras will not do MODAT, I don't care what the flashcode says.

Thanks

Thanks for the quick reply. Dont use the MODAT, and dont plan on it. It was part of the flash when I got the radio.

Neo No Longer Registered

If the radio has a virgin MODAT codeplug, MODAT emergency revert is not actually "enabled" yet. But if you ever go into signaling and enable MODAT for ANY personality, your now forced forever to have at least one personality set up with MODAT and it's related emergency revert. I call this the MODAT curse. Once enabled, even for a split second, the codeplug is forever screwed and needs a MODAT emergency revert channel.