Thread: XTL2500 and HMN4079E

Thanks

Default XTL2500 and HMN4079E

I'm wondering if an XTL2500 will support a HMN4079E the enhanced keypad microphone. I got one from the greedbay for cheap, but I can find no reference to it in Keypad/ Mic Accessories window of Astro 25 mobile nor is there reference in the help index. The home button works, and every other button bonks at me. Is this mic for an XTL5K only or do I need additional software?

Thanx
    Last edited by alf2109; Aug 07, 2012 at 06:54 AM.

Thanks

I think it has to do more with the control head rather than the radio, I believe the HMN4079E is only listed for O5 control heads on ASTRO 25 radios (and more on APX mobiles)?

ASTRO 25 Accessories and Batteries
    Andrew

Thanks

This is a O5 head?

Thanks

That looks like a m5 head from a 2500. The o5 is on the 5000 and the APX line. AFAIK they are the same hardware with different software.

Thanks

Well, with the mic and M5 head I can control the following:
    Home- using the home button on the mic
    Channel- assigning it to 1 of the side buttons in Controls ->Keypad/ Mic Accessories
    Scan- also assigning it to 1 of the side buttons in Controls ->Keypad/ Mic Accessories
    If there was only a way to be able to control the volume and use the keypad with the MDC Call/Page functions I believe
    I'd be some what happy. . . Oh Well.

It's funny that this mic is listed as an accessory on the XTL2500 page on MOL. .. even though it calls out as XTL5000/O5.

hayes_guziejka No Longer Registered

Do you have a remote mount?
    I'm looking at mine and found a Mic plug on the tray.
    I took the plastic piece off and plugged in the mic, and the plastic piece fits on the control head.
    I just bought mine and have yet got it working to be able to test it out, but the cable on the mic appears to be longer then a standard mic.

Thanks

Yes, I do have a remote mount and the cable is remarkably longer than the standard mic. I have been unable to get any additional functions with the mic except the noted ones.