Thread: Post here if you have made contact with N4TIA in his fancy flying ambulance.

Thanks

Default Post here if you have made contact with N4TIA in his fancy flying ambulance.

I was going to comment in the other thread about P25 on 146.52 but sadly it was closed.
    I heard Alex (rhabdo-medic) today departing from BGR while I was traveraing southern New Hampshire.
    My fumbling to FPP and drive caused me not to get contact, but A for effort.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mpron For This Useful Post:

rhabdo-medic (Mar 19, 2015)

Thanks

It was an A for effort! It was a pleasure to speak with you on FM (if you're the 1 area guy I spoke with on FM who said he was going to FPP P25 then try and work me) it can be really difficult at times to have a QSO at that altitude. This afternoon over your neck of the woods every time I unkeyed I heard nothing but hetrodyne from all the stations calling. Then when I'd pick a station and try to work them I'd hear other stations still throwing their call signs out so it made things challenging, but still fun. I logged over 100 hundred stations on 2 meter FM and 2 meter SSB on the way home over Europe and the U.S. Keep a 52P25 channel in your radio for next time, we get into your area pretty often. Thanks for the Q and I look forward to another next time we are over head.
    Also, one of my colleagues is a ham and a member on here, he gets on 52 with an XTS5000 from the aircraft pretty regularly as well so you've got double the chances of working aeronautical mobile P25.

Thanks

I didn't actually make contact, must have been someone else.
    I should have P25 mobile comms in the work truck shortly. For now just my portable.
    I'll try again next time.

Thanks

I might do P25 aeronautical in a few months with a friends balloon...

Thanks

yeah I talked to him he is a weirdo !

Thanks
    Thanked 6,742 Times in 1,931 Posts

Default Post here if you have made contact with N4TIA in his fancy flying ambulance.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum24 View Post
    yeah I talked to him he is a weirdo !
    In a thread which hadn't had any replies in the last five weeks, was this comment really necessary?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    In a thread which hadn't had any replies in the last five weeks, was this comment really necessary?
    Just joking, I know him well..

9. The Following User Says Thank You to spectrum24 For This Useful Post:

Mars (May 19, 2015)