Thread: XTS2500 LCD goes crazy when transmitting...

Thanks

Default XTS2500 LCD goes crazy when transmitting...

Well, my XTS2500 has started to act weird when TX'ing... The screen will either, fade out, invert, or go out completely. Sometimes to get it to reset, I have to reboot the radio. Is this a known issue, or something thats easy to fix?

Thanks

Is this a panter radio? Some of his radios have the earlier c01 or c02 displays that were specific to a particular band and they end up in a different bandsplit radio. c04 displays i believe will work with all rf splits. Or it could just be failing. Displays run about 65 dollars roughly and very easy to replace.

Thanks

This could be a Panter radio... I bought it from a well respected member (and personal friend of mine) of the other batwing site, minus tags, etc.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,091 Times in 570 Posts

What medic said. If you can open up the radio and look at the display ribbon cable, it will have a "C01" or "C04" number on it that specifies the band it was made for (believe it or not!) somehow the RF filtering on them was different for differing bands. If you got the wrong one it would go bonkers every now and then when transmitting. I had a VHF radio that was particularly annoying. I finally put a C04 display into it and it fixed the problem.

Anyway check the "Guide to Astro Radios" for more information. I'm not sure where it is, but here's a thread here about it:

https://www.p25.ca/threads/616-First...MOT-info-first

Thanks

Keep in mind, some of the earlier ram processors had issues past version 12.00 firmware. Check to see what version firmware you have.

Thanks

Got around to opening the radio up. The radio has a C04 display in it. Gonna see if I can reseat the flex and see if that fixes the issue.