Thread: P7100ip out of band?

syntrx No Longer Registered

Default P7100ip out of band?

I'm looking at a P7170ip radio in UHFH, and I know nothing about GE/Ericsson/M/A-COM/Harris gear.

What's involved in getting this thing out of band, if it can be done? Would it be happy transmitting down as far as 433Mhz/receiving on 438Mhz?

Thanks

Have you tried an SC4 file? I've made (modified) and used SC4 files on Orions before and they worked like a charm. I'm not sure about the portables, but the Orions would not lock just outside of the intended range unless you tweaked the VCO.

Using SC4 files is a little strange. If you have a 450-512 and want to put in 433, you'll lose 17 MHz off of the top of the split. So your top end of the split will be 495 MHz. Programming is a pain in the butt too as ALL of the frequencies must be entered 17 MHz above their actual frequency. Once you program the radio, the SC4 file will shift all of the frequencies down after the software verifies that all of frequencies are within the specified split. If you read the radio, you can see all of the actual frequencies, but if you try to write back to the radio, it will complain that there are frequencies that are out of band. You have to always use the original codeplug that you created to avoid having to edit all of the frequencies again.

I got rid of all but one of my M/A-Com radios and it just sits in the closet.

syntrx No Longer Registered

I haven't picked up the radio yet, just been eyeing it off on a certain auction site. The dude selling it claims it'll go down to 425MHz (which I'm assuming is the point at which the VCO goes out of lock, as opposed to the point where performance is still respectable thanks to filters etc.)

I've got no need for frequencies above 485ish, so losing space off the top end is no big deal. But at this point I was looking to find out from a reliable third party source whether this is realistic, or whether this guy was just blowing smoke

Thanks

I was able to move a 136-153 MRK up to 162 without tweaking the VCO. The 136-153 Orion would unlock at 154, so I had to tweak it to go up to 162. The lowbands (35-50) would unlock at about 51. Their stated splits are pretty much right on the money.

The last one that I bought was a VHF M7100IP. It did 136-174, so I didn't need the SC4 files for it. I got rid of it because it wouldn't scan across zones. It was cool though as it had FPP and P25 conventional enabled.

Thanks

rescue161 - I remember you trying to get rid of that M7100 a while back, I was just trying to track you down to see if you still had it...darn. anyway, check your PM.

Thanks

Hi, folks!
    I'm thinking of picking up a P7100ip to my collection. But I'm still unsure about it because of the programming.
    Anyone knows where can I get the prog cable (or how to make it yourself) and what exact software (name/version) will I need?
    What can you say about M/A COM in comparsion to Moto, XTS2500, let's say?

Thanks in advance!