Thread: VSELP or IMBE ?

drseltsam No Longer Registered

Default VSELP or IMBE ?

Hi,

(I posted something similar tonight at 1am but somehow my posting dissapeared ...)

I recently bought two Astro Saber III VHF with FW 03.31.00.00 and DSP I05.00.25, 1MEG Vocon tag on the outside, System Package H35, Flash Code 490001-000000-2, serial 562AX....= built '98 ?

Can someone confirm that this will be VSELP radios ?

If I am reading the other threads right, I just need AstroLab, a RIB and some suitable binary file (s-rec ?) to shoot this into the radios and convert them to P25 with all other options unlocked ?

Any answers or support highly appreciated, many thanks !

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 4,933 Times in 1,470 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drseltsam View Post
    Hi,

(I posted something similar tonight at 1am but somehow my posting dissapeared ...)

I recently bought two Astro Saber III VHF with FW 03.31.00.00 and DSP I05.00.25, 1MEG Vocon tag on the outside, System Package H35, Flash Code 490001-000000-2, serial 562AX....= built '98 ?

Can someone confirm that this will be VSELP radios ?

If I am reading the other threads right, I just need AstroLab, a RIB and some suitable binary file (s-rec ?) to shoot this into the radios and convert them to P25 with all other options unlocked ?

Any answers or support highly appreciated, many thanks !
    Hi

First, please accept my apology for the missing post. It was absolutely not intentional. We've had major issues with hosting providers the last 2-3 days and decided not to spend 12+ hours again today, doing a remote restoration for the last 12-24 hours of site activity.

Your radio is VSELP by flashcode and firmware. It will not do P25 without a firmware upgrade and a modified s-record. If you require a firmware upgrade, please consider the ad in my post. There are also several others on the board who are capable of doing the work for you.

If it was just a s-record, I'd be more than happy to post something to get you going. But in the case of your radio, a firmware uplift is mandatory.

Cheers

drseltsam No Longer Registered

Mars, Pezking,
    thanks for the hint about the server maintenenace, I really believed for a moment I asked something inappropriate but then realized, we are not on batboard .... :-)

Upgrading FW might be the way to go for me, I just have to think about the logistics, I am located in Germany ...

Just another question about VSELP, how does the software encryption work ? Does it need a KVL or can it be programmed through CPS ?
    Do I again need some special options flashed free or is it part of H35 ? Can this be done through s-record injection ?

I am aware that SW encryption for VSELP is only 24bit but for the beginning it would help ...

Cheers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drseltsam View Post
    Mars, Pezking,
    thanks for the hint about the server maintenenace, I really believed for a moment I asked something inappropriate but then realized, we are not on batboard .... :-)

Upgrading FW might be the way to go for me, I just have to think about the logistics, I am located in Germany ...

Just another question about VSELP, how does the software encryption work ? Does it need a KVL or can it be programmed through CPS ?
    Do I again need some special options flashed free or is it part of H35 ? Can this be done through s-record injection ?

I am aware that SW encryption for VSELP is only 24bit but for the beginning it would help ...

Cheers
    No worries We aren't the Motorola police like batboard. This issue was totally unexpected. Backing up and restoring the database is trivial, but the attachments that go along with it is the main issue. Like Mars said, our attachment directory is 3.1GB in size. It is stored in the file system and it is a disorganized mess. Files are stored in random directories and subdirectories that seem to have no order whatsoever (at least any logical order that I can figure out). The original name is stripped from it and everything is given a .attach extension. Backing up the few files that were uploaded to the new web host would have been very difficult. Not backing them up but backing up and transferring the posts back would have potentially broken all attachments so we didn't do it.

We really apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. It was totally unintentional.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

sorry--- -----
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kd8eyf View Post
    sorry--- -----
    That's funny!

Thanks

hahaha! Do I dare use that as my batboard avatar?