Thread: Astro Spectra W9 Digital ID

tim No Longer Registered

Default Astro Spectra W9 Digital ID

Hi Folks,

Came across something kind of funny - I have a high power W9 head in our car, and the same setup in my truck. However, whenever a MDC ID comes across on my truck, it stays less than 1 second. The car's display stays the 'normal' amount of time I specified in the Display Menu/PTT ID screen. (both have the same setup times)

Just wondering if anybody has seen this. The next test is to move drawers & see if it moves.. etc.

Thanks,

Tim

Thanks
    Thanked 5,774 Times in 1,707 Posts

There are different timers for manual and scan. Are they the same across both radios?

What firmware versions?

tim No Longer Registered

Hi Mars,

Yes, the timers for both manual & scan are the same (this one bit me in the beginning)! How can I get the FW versions? (The CPS just says 'unknown'). Figure there's another way to view on control head (like handhelds).

Thanks
    Thanked 5,774 Times in 1,707 Posts

Turn power off. Turn power on. Hit "HOME" button 5x, within the first 10 seconds of powering-up the radio. It will scroll through the host/dsp firmware versions, UCM version, algorithms, model no., serial no.,vocon size and flashcode.

Firmware version info is not saved in the codeplug. It's only displayed in CPS immediately after reading a radio.

tim No Longer Registered

System displaying properly:

R117100
    I80303
    CNTLHD21

System not displaying properly:

R111200
    N080208
    CNTLHEAD24