Thread: Motorola Saber Short Batteries

Thanks

Default Motorola Saber Short Batteries

Had a member send me a PM asking where he could find the short batteries for the Saber radio.

I did a little searching via the internet and so far I found two places that sell them and I figured I'd share them in case anyone is looking.

http://www.cutratebatteries.com/batt...eries/m344l1-d

http://www.powerproducts.com/pc_prod...04F9BE58D9A5CE

Thanks
    Thanked 4,928 Times in 1,468 Posts

Excellent links. And just a VERY IMPORTANT reminder for anyone who may not know any better:

You MUST use a tri-chemistry or IMPRES charger to charge these lithium-ion batteries. If you drop them in to one of the standard single/gang saber rapid-chargers, you run a very real risk of a fire, explosion or serious burn injuries. Lithium-ion batteries are not to be abused. EVER.

Thanks

Thanks for the links! I've got OEM square Li-Ions on my Astro Sabers, but these look even smaller. Might pick up one or two.

Thanks

Glad I could help

Thanks

Guys, check out this buttboard thread: http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=103202

For the price, I'm tempted to try one... I'm currently using the 1950mah Li-Ion.

Thanks

Default Motorola Saber Short Batteries

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    Guys, check out this buttboard thread: http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopi...1&t=103202

For the price, I'm tempted to try one... I'm currently using the 1950mah Li-Ion.
    Mars did you ever end up picking one of these up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kc2obw View Post
    Mars did you ever end up picking one of these up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Negative. I'm strapped for cash until a bunch of new TRBO infrastructure is paid for.

Thanks

Whats the best route for a NiMH short battery for use with the AVA on the Astro Saber? The only thing I can find is the W&W stuff, which would be fine despite their quality issues for my application, but if there is anything else non-Li-ion and short, I would be interested.

syntrx No Longer Registered

I received one of the Cut Rate batteries today.

Occasionally while I transmit, the radio will go completely dead. Turning it on and off, and taking the battery off and putting it back on won't revive it. Dropping the battery back into the charger for even a second will bring it back to life. Some sort of internal protection circuit being tripped?

I haven't gotten as far as trying to measure the voltage at the battery terminals yet as my multimeter was nowhere nearby at the time.

EDIT: Turns out the guys on Batlabs have seen the same problem with the 5Ah Chinese packs. Hmmm.
    Last edited by syntrx; Mar 07, 2013 at 02:39 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 579 Posts

They're trying to sabotage the world's Public Safety systems! <ducks>

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by syntrx View Post
    I received one of the Cut Rate batteries today.

Occasionally while I transmit, the radio will go completely dead. Turning it on and off, and taking the battery off and putting it back on won't revive it. Dropping the battery back into the charger for even a second will bring it back to life. Some sort of internal protection circuit being tripped?

I haven't gotten as far as trying to measure the voltage at the battery terminals yet as my multimeter was nowhere nearby at the time.

EDIT: Turns out the guys on Batlabs have seen the same problem with the 5Ah Chinese packs. Hmmm.
    I'm having the same issue. I didn't notice right away because Mostly use my astro saber as a overrated scanner.