Thread: APX7000 Question

nwassist No Longer Registered

Default APX7000 Question

I was wondering how difficult it would be to take a 7000 with UHF high and change it to UHF low without pulling out the rest of my hair. I see that it is listed on a flashcode and wondering if it is an easy fix or not.

motorolanovice No Longer Registered

No you can change the flash( thants the easy part) but you also need to change the internals my advice dont bugger with the flash or you will end up with a brick. If your looking for one put an add in the wanted section someone here might have one for sale

Thanks

The rf board would have to be changed as well, then you would most likely end up with a FL01/A2. Not worth it. Sell and buy a proper band split.

Thanks

bang

Quote Originally Posted by nwassist View Post
    I was wondering how difficult it would be to take a 7000 with UHF high and change it to UHF low without pulling out the rest of my hair. I see that it is listed on a flashcode and wondering if it is an easy fix or not.
    Aren't you the guy who's offering passive trunking programming and flashcode upgrades on ebay? Hope you have a good attorney.

nwassist No Longer Registered

Quote Originally Posted by Avery Johannssenn View Post
    Aren't you the guy who's offering passive trunking programming and flashcode upgrades on ebay? Hope you have a good attorney.
    I thank the input and I do not offer anything on ebay.

Neo No Longer Registered

Quote Originally Posted by Avery Johannssenn View Post

Do u have a link to the eBay auction in question?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Do u have a link to the eBay auction in question?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTOROLA-APX...item41686c2d78

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTOROLA-AST...item41693312c4

Did you always want that radio that got the same awesome sound as the police or fire? This auction is for you then! Contact us if you don't have a radio and we can match you to the perfect radio for you. We receive new and certified radios almost every day. Free programming services included and we give discounts to fire-military-EMS-Ham users!

CHECK OUR FEEDBACK FOR OUR SERVICE QUALITY!!!!!!!

This is for your Motorola radio programming. We will program the Motorola Astro radio series for you.

This service includes--

Programming up to 255 channels or modes. Passive and monitoring of all Motorola systems included and possible.

Signal programming (MDC1200 or other modes)

Up to five scan lists

All feature programming on your radio.

We do program radios for passive trunked radio monitoring, please send us a message for more details!

After you win our auction you send us your radio. We ask that you communicate with us ahead of time so we have our technicians ready to program your radio. We then email you upon arrival of your radio and during the programming process. When your radio is complete we send you an email with your tracking number. You are able to call us at every step of the process and upon your purchase of this auction we send you extensive information about the whole sale and contacts. Often our technician will have questions and we will call you while we are programming your radio to ensure we are meeting your communications needs. Our goal is your complete satisfaction and we do nothing less.

Our guarantee is simple- if you are not satisfied send the radio back and we will change it to what you want or refund your money plus the return shipping costs. There is no other seller on ebay or the net that can do that!

There is no sales of any equipment in this auction only a spectacular programming service.

Thank you for looking at our auction and we hope you choose Salem Communications for all your needs. Please let us know if you have questions! You can reach us personally at mike (at)salemcommunications.com at any time with questions. Nothing sounds better or looks better than an Astro radio!

We also offer programming services for all Motorola APEX radios and most other mobile and portable models, send us an email and we can quote you a price that is specific to your needs. Flash and firmware upgrades available!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,774 Times in 1,707 Posts

I hate it when a person refers to themselves as "we". Mental problems.

Thanks

And for Christ's sake it pronounced APeX but spelled APX, kinda like STX are pronounced STiX and Telario was pronounced CRAP.

XPR8300 No Longer Registered

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    ... and Telario was pronounced CRAP.
    LMAO!!!!!!

Thanks

It's quite the coincidence that all of his auctions were ended by the seller shortly after I asked the question. Also, his former username of NW-Assist on ebay has programming services in his feedback.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=nwassist&ftab=A llFeedback&rt=nc&myworld=true

Quote Originally Posted by Mars View Post
    I hate it when a person refers to themselves as "we". Mental problems.
    Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    And for Christ's sake it pronounced APeX but spelled APX, kinda like STX are pronounced STiX and Telario was pronounced CRAP.

Lol. Tell me you're not tempted to buy that Turn-Key Telario system that pops up on ebay from time to time.

esd_safe No Longer Registered

ahhhh....Looks like someone who is selling radio programming service dirt cheap on Ebay so they can use someone Else's radio to do some practice programming ???LOL