Aeroflex 2975 repairs

Status

blitza

Hello

I wanted to introduce myself and possibly start a IFR/Aeroflex test equip repair thread to share experiences and practices since there is no official support. I know some of you have worked on them as I have and perhaps we can learn together. I currently have 8 of them all have been repaired and I have been servicing them for hams and other customers as well.

Andy

SegmentFault

CS Forums $upporter
I have a 2975 in need of a new hard drive. It has bit the bucket!! Any suggestions?

Thanks!!

SPECIAL_EYE

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Have you tried remove the old on and try a new one? Most onboard operating systems are able to format them. What is the size and type of drive in there now?

TRENT310

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Have you tried remove the old on and try a new one? Most onboard operating systems are able to format them. What is the size and type of drive in there now?

The catch-22 here is when the OS (vxWorks) boots FROM that drive. They're 30GB or 40GB 2.5" PATA.

Number 6

T¹ ÆS Ø - Site Host
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
The catch-22 here is when the OS (vxWorks) boots FROM that drive. They're 30GB or 40GB 2.5" PATA.

You can get a 64GB 2.5" PATA SSD for about $50. I used to put them in old laptops.

duggerd

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
You can get a 64GB 2.5" PATA SSD for about $50. I used to put them in old laptops.

The 2975 is very particular with Cylinder/Head/Sector numbering of their drives, that Swissbit card linked above is the only one I found that was compatible.

Number 6

T¹ ÆS Ø - Site Host
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
The 2975 is very particular with Cylinder/Head/Sector numbering of their drives, that Swissbit card linked above is the only one I found that was compatible.

Good to know. I read your upgrade thread and was wondering if the 2975 was that fussy.

SegmentFault

CS Forums $upporter
Guys, thanks for all of the comments. I found someone that will take care of it! Thank you all for your support!!

Status