Any DMR UHF with a Rx white/blacklist feature?

Drbo

So my area has a bunch of grumpy old volunteers that are into maintaining a statewide DMR network. They have it split up into zones: statewide is on one timeslot, and smaller "regional" networks on the other timeslot. However their system is designed towards simplicity, not toward utilizing the flexibility of the DMR spec. Therefore, they block all data and private calls on the network and restrict it to one talkgroup per timeslot. Just like the good ol' analog days, only digital! (To be fair, most folks can't comprehend how DMR works and how to take advantage of its features anyways.)

Working within these restrictions, and short of standing up my own repeater system, are there any radios that have a receive whitelist and/or blacklist for either only allowing calls from certain radios/TGs through, or muting the Rx of same, respectively? Everything I know of is geared towards denying a user access/Tx on a system. How about I just get to selectively listen to/ignore certain folks instead? ;)

I'm not much of a hardware engineer, but I can code, so I could modify a radio's source code myself, if given the opportunity.

I may end up falling back on analog+MDC1200 for this use case, but I thought I'd ask here first.

PSEhub

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Just use different key material and key ID

What are they gonna do about it

Sure you won't have late entry support, but its still usable

Just toggle privacy off and ID yourself in the clear. Nothing illegal about transmitting silence.

How can anyone prove your even talking?

OP
Drbo

Drbo

The CCRs (at least mine) play garbled audio, not muted. And there are a lot of CCRs on their system.

I previously tried using a separate TG and, while not routed, it worked fine on the local repeater. They tracked me down and asked me to use only their TG. I can only imagine the emotional turmoil I'd put them through with the above approach. They'd probably dispatch SWAT to my house.

escomm

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Just use different key material and key ID

What are they gonna do about it

Sure you won't have late entry support, but its still usable

Just toggle privacy off and ID yourself in the clear. Nothing illegal about transmitting silence.

How can anyone prove your even talking?
This is literally broadcasting, I would not say it is legal at all.

com501

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Use your own talkgroup, run encryption, and ID in the clear on THEIR talkgroup. IT will just sound like you randomly can up an ID'd. Ignore them, they CANNOT block TGIDs as far as I know without enabling RAS or something similar. Bunch of whiners who really don't understand the DMR standard.