• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

APX Blooooootooth!

box

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I'm getting a service unavailable error for the link you posted. Even navigating to their website manually I'm still not able to get to that location and the site is extremely slow overall.

I'll have to try again later. From what I could see, though, it looks promising if it works.

moetorola

For arm pits sake
CS Forums $upporter
What different are you are wanting to do?

The PMLN7851A is a pretty cheap earpiece.

OP
EM36

EM36

BDA Wizard
CS Forums $upporter
Says doesnt work on apx. Probably does but isnt certified or moto supported?

OP
EM36

EM36

BDA Wizard
CS Forums $upporter
So this showed up yesterday. I paired this morning with my 8000 portable.

First comments...

Paired right up easily to my Beats earpods.
Volume doesn't "crank" it's very subdued. Not sure it will be loud enough on a fireground. More testing will be needed with this.
I hear faint "beeble squawks" in the Beats. You can tell when there is BT traffic you can hear the diddling of the bt comms in the earpiece. After a few seconds of inactivity you can hear the BT comms go silent and the diddling data noise goes to a high pitched monotone. It's definitely noticeable. Other times I hear no diddling data or high pitched tone. It's most prevalent after hearing something receive. Then it goes quiet.
Volume is dependent on radio volume. The beats volume up/down doesn't do anything while paired.
Transmit is instant with the BT tx fob.
Transmit audio is clear. It sounds really good.

I have an EP900 motoheadset already on order to try with this, not holding my breath even though they said in stock it hasnt shipped in 3-4 days.

The beeble squawk noise sounds exactly like 600 baud RTTY...

OP
EM36

EM36

BDA Wizard
CS Forums $upporter
I've played with this a bunch this week and overall pretty happy with it. The beats pair to my cell and pair to the radio if I'm using that. I did not see if I get radio audio and cell audio hmm got to check that. Radio pairs right up and the unit starts hearing within 20 seconds of turning the radio on from a cold start. I did find an issue with my powerbeats pro earpieces. The on/off button on the headset puts the radio in transmit but it latches and I can't figure out how to get it to stop...lol thats not good for your battery so have to watch that. I do wish it could be a little louder. Something is holding the levels down from what I can usually play music at. My 8000 has to be set for 3/4 volume otherwise is distorted on blootooth. It sounds fine I just like to hear loud comms at times. The ep900 is backordered across the planet see ya in december I guess.