• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

APX Bluetooth and Jaybird X3

box

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Shot in the dark, but does anyone happen to use Jaybird X3 Bluetooth headphones with an APX?

I have a pair that I'd like to use but I'm not having any success pairing them with any of my radios. Multiple radios all exhibit the same behavior where the headphones are visible in the Bluetooth menu but if I select them to pair the process just times out. I've attempted with an APX8000 with R21 firmware, APX7000 with R17, and an APX4000 with R16 or so.

The headphones themselves are working fine and pair easily with my phone. I even trialed their phone app to see if there were any settings or other things that could help but the only adjustments appear to be for audio response. I did observe they had an older firmware so I went through the process of updating to latest, but other than changes to the notification sounds and voice prompts there was no change in behavior when trying to pair with the radios.

I've found a small number of reports of success with these headphones, but oddly no negative. One of the reports was on this forum and I've sent a message to the poster, however they haven't visited the site in a year so I'm not expecting a reply any time soon.

I know the radios can be very picky with non-Mission Critical devices, but these would be perfect in certain use cases.

monkey1911

CS Forums $upporter
Did you change your BT settings in CPS? By default it's locked to Moto blue dot gear only.

OP
box

box

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Yes... my normal setting is for both, but I did explicitly double check that.

I've since returned it. It didn't really live up to the expectations, even when using it with other devices.