• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

APX XTVA Rumor

Status

kf4lhp

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
From the MTUG list yesterday evening...

"XTVA questions - The radio we will support are being driven by the ASTRO PdM team. The plan is to develop an APX6000 version at this time as they have a customer who requires the APX VA. Also note the product will only support the use of the following batteries: PMMN4403, NNTN7038 and NTN8092 (small form factor Li-Ion batteries). Finally, the release has been delayed to Q3 2014 (mostly due to changes in scope). Nothing planned for APX7000 at this time."

sjxts3000

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Makes sense to start with the 6000. A lot of agencies are trying to cut costs by not having to buy a separate mobile, so they are budget-constrained already. A lot have 6000's already in deployment. I'm interested in seeing how they engineer the RF connection (possibly another RF adapter?). As if we already didn't have long-enough APX antenna lengths!

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
So we're one year (minimum) away from a APXVA? Didn't they say the same about QCII? They keep pushing the date(s) forward. They're doing the same thing with the TRBO line and the promise of AES encryption. They said (motorolasolutions.com email address):

Motorola Solutions said:
From what I am seeing AES is something that the product team is looking into, but the earliest forecast that I see is 4[SUP]th[/SUP] Quarter of this year. I am not sure if it will be 128 bits or not, but it is something in works for future development.
We are now in the 4th quarter (well Oct. 1 is 10 days away...) and I am really skeptical.

It would be nice to see PROMISED features; a date when we could expect them; and the action of following through on promises/announcements.

I would PAY to have AES in TRBO.

d119

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
You'll get it. I know FOR A FACT that AES in TRBO is being worked on, Mars.

CQDX

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I'm not holding my breath. Enhanced Privacy is an absolute joke.

escomm

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
It is happening. But it will not be available on a wide basis. You'll need approval from /\/\ for it. Just like XPR6580 and the NPSPAC band.

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
It is happening. But it will not be available on a wide basis. You'll need approval from /\/\ for it. Just like XPR6580 and the NPSPAC band.
What's the concern? Are people not entitled to privacy? Do they want to encourage hacking of their products?

Good thing I'll be selling KVL3000 Plus units with AES-256 in the near future :)

com501

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
What's the concern? Are people not entitled to privacy? Do they want to encourage hacking of their products?

Good thing I'll be selling KVL3000 Plus units with AES-256 in the near future :)

Make sure you post a BIG STICKY about that. There are a lot of us that want one....(of our own)

motorola_otaku

Prolific Contributor
It exists.

Or it will exist, anyway. This was a non-functional mock-up.

Unfortunately in the words of the product engineer showing it off it will "never work" with an O3 handheld control head. I didn't think to ask him about a keypad mic.

wd9cms

Contributing Member
Sorry one more question will it support the APX7000 or only the APX6000?

PhillyPhoto

Contributing Member
Sorry one more question will it support the APX7000 or only the APX6000?

From the MTUG list yesterday evening...

"XTVA questions - The radio we will support are being driven by the ASTRO PdM team. The plan is to develop an APX6000 version at this time as they have a customer who requires the APX VA. Also note the product will only support the use of the following batteries: PMMN4403, NNTN7038 and NTN8092 (small form factor Li-Ion batteries). Finally, the release has been delayed to Q3 2014 (mostly due to changes in scope). Nothing planned for APX7000 at this time."

Answered already

motorola_otaku

Prolific Contributor
4th quarter this year according to the reps. No idea on pricing.

Confirmed it will only work with a 6000 - the 7000 can only route one RF band to the side connector.

H

hamsexual

Not Registered
Oh so I get the fw not addressing an o3 mic. However, no reason the fw wouldn't address a display speaker mic varient.

hoser

Prolific Contributor
I've also heard APX6000 support only.

The ext. amp will be released in 800MHz first (analog only)

No mention of ASTRO capable PA in 700MHz

code352

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
The accessory catalog states that the PSM's are for 700/800 use only, so I took that to mean only 700/800 gets routed to the side connector.

Status