• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

Astro Saber II help

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

saberthree

Hello everyone, I have an Astro Saber II radio, I unsuccessfully tried to reprogram...I've used radios all the time in my work place and while I was active duty. The only convenience I had were FPP radios that are straight up easy to program. Once I got involved with CPS.....its a different story. I can read the radio, but for some reason it will not allow me to program...any ideas?

Astro Spectra

T¹ ÆS Ø - Moderator, CS Forums $upporter
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
So what actually happens when you go to write the codeplug?

OP
S

saberthree

it just sits there, and says cant write. I think im Using a screwed up cable

Notarola

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I would agree on the cable. The only other possibility is that since the RSS runs in dos maybe there is a timing issue where the radio will read but wont write. If you can list the error code or be a bit more specific on the error seen someone can give a bit more help.

Magnus

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Are you possibly trying to use a saber cable on a astro saber? There is 1 pin different between the two.

OP
S

saberthree

never mind guys........as lame as it sounds, my dog chewed up the power cable to my toughbook!!!! :-( so much for a toughbook being tough!!! I hoped the dog would at least get electrocuted in the process! I'll repost as soon as i get a new cable for my toughbook. Thank you guys for trying to help me though, I greatly appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.