• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

Astro Saber universal connector pin configuration

Status
S

SteveG2012

Not Registered
Hello everyone, I was wondering if anybody could tell me which pins on the universal connector on the back of the Astro Saber are used in changing firmware. I know the way they are numbered but I'm confused as to which pins carry the data.

Any info would be great.

Alpha

T¹ ÆS Ø - Moderator, CS Forums $upporter
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
We have the service manuals for the Astro Saber series available for download. They call out the connector pins and explain the signals in detail. There is also a quickie diagram of just the pins floating around on Batlabs and here, as well as diagrams of the programming and flashing cables, IIRC.

Search, search, search...

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Here is what's required: (courtesy of batlabs)

astflsh.gif

You only need to use the connections/lines going from the D-connector, to the Universal Connector. Ignore anything going to the cylindrical connector.

Forget about using a speaker-mic cable; not all the lines are present. However, I have used old Hirose connectors and moved some of the pins around, then wired in with a DB25/cable. That's your best bet. The diagram above is 100% accurate and I built a flash cable based on it.

Status