• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

Astro Spectra P25 receive audio

Status
D

deputy13

Not Registered
I wonder if there is anything that can be done to the ASTRO Spectra to improve the receive audio. The P25 system I monitor is sometimes difficult to understand what they are saying. Is this just the codex in the ASTRO Spectra and I shouldn't expect anything better? I didn't see anything in the software unless I am missing a setting.

ASTRO Spectra CPS R05.03

Host firmware is R10.72.00
DSP firmware is N08.03.05
Flash is: 548008-0004C0-0

Notarola

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Check your overall radio alignment. if the referance osc is off freq it can cause the exact symptoms you are describing.

OP
D

deputy13

Not Registered
Thanks for the reply. Not sure what reference to adjust in the tuner software. Is there any document besides Motorola's on how to do the adjustments? Only documention I have is for the Spectra not the ASTRO.

Magnus

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
First you need a service monitor, do you have one? If not take it to your local shop and have them do it.

OP
D

deputy13

Not Registered
I have two service monitors and two spectrum analyzers.

Magnus

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Good then you will want to adjust the reference oscillator.

OP
D

deputy13

Not Registered
I adjusted the reference oscillator using the tuner software. It was about +250 hz. Made the adjustment and audio seems a little better. Thanks.

Magnus

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Try running through the TX mod balance and limit, that affects what it expects on RX as well.

OP
D

deputy13

Not Registered
Ok didn't realize that function. I followed what was described on this form to set the levels for TX Audio in the CPS software. I'll look at the tuner software and see what I can optomize.

Magnus

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Make sure you read the help screens it will tell you what to set the deviation for, 2.83Khz if I recall correctly.

JMR061

Prolific Contributor
The basic service manual contains the full tuning instructions. I haven't looked but my guess is its available on the site. If not contact me I have it in PDF

Jason

Status