• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

Astro Spectra W9 Digital ID

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tim

Hi Folks,

Came across something kind of funny - I have a high power W9 head in our car, and the same setup in my truck. However, whenever a MDC ID comes across on my truck, it stays less than 1 second. The car's display stays the 'normal' amount of time I specified in the Display Menu/PTT ID screen. (both have the same setup times)

Just wondering if anybody has seen this. The next test is to move drawers & see if it moves.. etc.

Thanks,

Tim

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
There are different timers for manual and scan. Are they the same across both radios?

What firmware versions?

OP
T

tim

Hi Mars,

Yes, the timers for both manual & scan are the same (this one bit me in the beginning)! How can I get the FW versions? (The CPS just says 'unknown'). Figure there's another way to view on control head (like handhelds).

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Turn power off. Turn power on. Hit "HOME" button 5x, within the first 10 seconds of powering-up the radio. It will scroll through the host/dsp firmware versions, UCM version, algorithms, model no., serial no.,vocon size and flashcode.

Firmware version info is not saved in the codeplug. It's only displayed in CPS immediately after reading a radio.

OP
T

tim

System displaying properly:

R117100
I80303
CNTLHD21

System not displaying properly:

R111200
N080208
CNTLHEAD24

Status