• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

ASTRO25 STATUS and MESSAGING

Status
A

Andy KK7TR

Not Registered
I am attempting to program a pair of XTS3000's to demonstrate P25/Astro25 Status Calling and Messaging. Seem to have everything properly configured but no joy. No EMER decode either. Anybody proficient or successful at this? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

73 Andy KK7TR

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I believe status and message packets are only decoded at the console.

As for emergency, a radio should indicate "emergency" or similar, on screen, when receiving an emergency call.

Status and Message packets are generally used to indicate the availability or response level to dispatchers.

Here, Message 1 is "RTT" (Request to Talk) and when sent, a dispatcher will come back on an unmonitored talkgroup.

cyrus

Trailer Park Superintendent
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
I didn't think the xts3k's could do Emergency Decode at all but it's been a while since I've played with one.

Mars is correct about status messaging. The canned messages cannot be decoded on the radios.

You'd be better off demonstrating tms messaging along with emergency decode on the astro25 line of radios like the xts5000 or xts2500.

Status