• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

Can a DEK be connected to adash mount Astro Spectra with a W4 head?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

radioguy817

I could not find any reference to this in a forum search so please excuse the post if it has been discussed here.
I wish to add a DEK to a W4 dash mount radio. Can that be done? If so, from where can I get the data for the cable wiring, etc?

Thank You
radioguy817

Alpha

T¹ ÆS Ø - Moderator, CS Forums $upporter
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
Motorola made and (used to?) supply a DEK cable kit that was the same connector as the VIP part of the connector on the back of a W9 head at one end and the spectra mic style connector at the other. I don't have the part number, unfortunately.

It should work if you are using a W4. It would have to be in the remote head mount configuration. Then to get it wired to use a DEK, you would use the cable kit to plug into the VIP portion of the large connector on the back of the mobile head bucket. This would work for any W5, W7 or W4 setup.

JMR061

Prolific Contributor
You can't put DEKS on a dashmount radio. You must remote it first. Jason

Alpha

T¹ ÆS Ø - Moderator, CS Forums $upporter
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
That's why I included the phrase "have to be in remote head mount configuration"! ;)

OP
R

radioguy817

Thank you all for the response. Sorry for the confusion, I should have stated that I was going to remote the head first.

Regards
radioguy817

That's why I included the phrase "have to be in remote head mount configuration"! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.