Can anyone share an RD982i-S (RD982S) codeplug

intermod

I have been using Moto SLR5700 models for amateur and GMRS operation but they are much too limited in capability. I am considering the Hytera RD982S (S-Super version) as a replacement. Would anyone have a codeplug to share from an S version so I can look at this station's capabilities? I have V9 CPS here for other Hytera equipment. Contact me at intermodsngf.org.

OP
I

intermod

I failed to "watch" my own thread....just found this. Thanks Colt45ws! Helpful.

OP
I

intermod

This repeater is another example of why Motorola feels so threatened by Hytera. After looking over its standard feature set, it exposes how lazy Motorola has become with limited domestic competition. I am familiar with Moto's XPR8XXX, SLR1000, SLR5700 and SLR8000 models, but the RD982S tops them all on features and flexibility. And ETSI compliance.

While I support death to the CCP, I will give credit to Hytera for their effort here. They just need more robust dealer and self-maintained end-user support. They can also suck at analog audio design.

And these guys are on the government's hit-list with ZTE and the rest. While the repeater networks might be compromised, this can be easily avoided by good network design (air-gap). Clearly Moto's lobbyists have been successful here.

Colt45ws

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
Yeah, I like the RD982. Probably their best product. We have probably 16-20 of them in service at various places including several XPT systems and they are solid. Not a PA failure to be seen. Did have an analog one that needed a control board replaced. Sent it to depot under warranty and they installed the digital control board (?). So then after that it would program up and work in DMR. Kinda wierd, but not gonna ask any questions..