• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

CDM Alert Tones

Status

crazyboy

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Good morning, does anyone have MP3 audio samples of the available CDM call alert tones? Thanks.

OP
crazyboy

crazyboy

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Anyone? I realize it is an odd request.

TRENT310

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Do you just want someone to shoot a video of a radio while it's receiving say a MDC sel call, or do you want a cleaner recording with an audio interface hooked up to the accessory connector output?
It might be easier to generate these yourself with say Audacity's tone generator to the same frequency and timing as the real deal, if you're trying to set this up for a phone ringtone or IP dispatch console or something.

p25smartzone

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
First question, do you need the mp3 of the tones to send them to someone else or for yourself?

2nd question, do you have a CDM and if so, what model? If you have a CDM1250 or 1550, you can navigate through the menu on the front panel (if enabled in the CPS) and select the different tones yourself. I believe it's under Call Alert Tones, and I believe there are 7 to choose from.

OP
crazyboy

crazyboy

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
First question, do you need the mp3 of the tones to send them to someone else or for yourself?

2nd question, do you have a CDM and if so, what model? If you have a CDM1250 or 1550, you can navigate through the menu on the front panel (if enabled in the CPS) and select the different tones yourself. I believe it's under Call Alert Tones, and I believe there are 7 to choose from.

Do you just want someone to shoot a video of a radio while it's receiving say a MDC sel call, or do you want a cleaner recording with an audio interface hooked up to the accessory connector output?
It might be easier to generate these yourself with say Audacity's tone generator to the same frequency and timing as the real deal, if you're trying to set this up for a phone ringtone or IP dispatch console or something.

They are for myself. I have a cdm1250 but do not have an extended function mic. I will get one if there is a call alert that I prefer over the one that is there now. I may also use them as a ringtone. Thanks for the replies.

Status