• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

Check it out... someone finally designed aftermarket MUC adapters for TRBO/APX

Status

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
FINALLY! The greed and scamming can be bypassed.

Motorola charges $186.30 for a 6-pack: https://shop.motorolasolutions.com/apx-4000-1000-battery-muc-adapters-6-pack/product/NNTN8170A (public URL)

I sent the eBay guy an offer for a quantity of them. I'll advise what they accept. I also read the negative feedback to see if anyone commented on the fit; there's only comments relating to crappy batteries, hah hah.

If I end up with some of these, and they fit properly, I recommend raiding this dude and hoarding as many as possible.

ndp

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I will be following... it'd be nice to use my ASTRO25 charger for my APX/TRBO kit instead of having three different chargers at my desk.

Number 6

T¹ ÆS Ø - Site Host
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
Now we need a single unit charger version

GasdaSoftware

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
Nice, I starrted but never got a good fit for a 3d printed version APX single charger.
1614035241969.png
If anyone is any good with fusion360 i can send you what I have.

gMan1971

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Nice!

So, while not an Impres charger, the HTN9000c from the older HT Pro series will work on the XPR7550e with the 2150 packs (not the super slim) so, in a pinch, if you need to recharge the pack its great, or if you have knock off batteries, then its great too, b/c you don't have to worry about reconditioning, or being on an non-impres charger, etc... and its also a drop in charger, no need to mess with aligning the tabs when you dock the radio... etc.

G.

LA_XTS

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I made an offer of $6 for six of them. Seller countered with $8, so it looks like the price may be increasing with demand. Still, not bad considering what M charges for them.

xpr8300

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I got the ole $8 for one SUC special.

Come to think of it, that's not a bad price for one suc, or so I hear.

Number 6

T¹ ÆS Ø - Site Host
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
All - please post how long it took to receive the adapter from China. My last order via ebay never arrived and they gave the seller in China 3 months before I could file a missing item claim.

xpr8300

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
My tracking shows movement through china, but expected delivery is March 24

LA_XTS

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I just received my order for the MCU adapters for the APX4000 series.

Unfortunately, the ones I received are for the single unit chargers. Used in that unit, the adapter fits well and works.

Has anyone else received their order? If so what did you get?

I am trying to figure out whether the seller simply sent the wrong items or is unaware that there is a difference.

I'm considering filing a "not as described" case with eBay but I am curious about whether anyone else has had this problem.

SPECIAL_EYE

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
The last two items I ordered from China (Speedpak) arrived in 15 days the other 18 days. One was the back cover for a phone the other a capacitance meter. Just make sure it's shipped speedpak, ask for it.

OP
Mars

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
My package (speedpak) is showing as being in Canada and has been processed by customs and handed over to the delivery facility. Should have it next week. If they're for the SUC, back they will go. And I will not pay return shipping. These assholes in China offer "free returns", but fail to understand it costs $40+ for "boat shipping", which doesn't include a tracking number, and does not satisfy eBay in terms of proof I have returned the product.

The only way to ship crap with tracking, from Canada to China is via Airmail. And that means paying $90+ for shipping of an item that's only worth $80. Dealing with eBay's customer service and trying to explain this to them is impossible. I have been through it before. They don't get it. They think everyone lives in the USA and shipping only costs $5-10. Such ignorant, dumb fucks.

I don't have $80 to throw away, so if I don't get my money back, I will get my money out of harassing eBay employees until they commit suicide. Fuck eBay and the dirty Chinese who lie about what they sell and make it impossible to get a refund. Unfortunately, dealing with US sellers is just as painful, as return shipping (with a tracking number -- key factor) is $40-50.

knickerlessparsons

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Mars

Before you drive your blood pressure further up by spending hours on a bad phone line to to some ebay minion in Phillipines claiming to be called Trevor or George, you might consider a simpler strategy. If they are SUC inserts see if anyone on here wants to buy them. If they do tell the seller you'll accept a 50% or 70% refund without returning the goods. If he accepts, you might even end up with more $ than you started with ultimately. If the buyer does not accept, then revenge is best served by keeping the adaptors and sending an empty box by tracked mail to the seller and lodging that tracking number with eBay. As soon as the tracking shows delivered eBay will refund and the seller will then be left to decide whether it's worth spending hours on the phone to unravel the situation or just taking the hit.

Obviously that technique should be reserved for the small minority of shabby unhelpful eBay sellers not the nice helpful ones in UK.

LA_XTS

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
At least here in the U.S., eBay takes the position that it is the seller's responsibility to pay for the return in a "not as described" case. A few months ago, I purchased some XTS3000's that were not as described. I filed a case with eBay, noting that the seller had not responded to my messages and had not provided me with a return shipping label. I contacted eBay and the representative said that she could send me the return label. I sent the radios back using the paid return label but they couldn't be delivered. The seller's address had a forwarding order but the seller had left the second address without a further forwarding order. Ultimately, the package was returned to me. eBay fully refunded my money and told me that I could keep the radios or do whatever I wanted with them. They turned out to be decent parts units, especially given what I didn't pay for them.

In the present case, I've written the seller pointing out the problem. If I receive no response in a few days, I will file a case and press eBay to force the seller to provide return shipping.

Interestingly, it appears that this seller ships items in bulk to a U.S. partner who then sends them to the buyer by USPS. Errors could happen along the way. I don't know whether the U.S. shipper also handles returns but I guess I will find out.

Number 6

T¹ ÆS Ø - Site Host
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
If they aren’t garbage then I will take an SUC adapter off your hands if you received the wrong item.

Reactions: ndp

LA_XTS

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
No response from the seller yet. I sent a follow-up indicating that unless I hear from them in the next 24 hours, I will initiate a "not as described" case with eBay and invoke their money-back guarantee.

Number 6

T¹ ÆS Ø - Site Host
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
Isn’t “use-elite”one of the Linda Wang aliases?

Don’t bother with contacting the seller a second time. Let eBay take care of it for you.

Status