• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

Check it out... someone finally designed aftermarket MUC adapters for TRBO/APX

LA_XTS

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Interesting about Linda Wong. Didn't know that.

The adapters seem to be comparable to those for other radios that were sold by Motorola. One has to wonder whether these things and some of the replacement radio housings on eBay actually come from the same factories that make them for Motorola.

SPECIAL_EYE

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Is it Wong or Wang wouldn't want you to get the Wong Wang...

LA_XTS

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
This evening I got a nice reply apologizing for the problem and asking whether it was a problem with the radio not fitting or the adapter not fitting the charger. I thought that this was clear from my first message but perhaps there were language issues. As requested, I sent a photo of what I received.

Looking at the listings for the SUC and MUC adapters, it looks like they used the same photos for both but without samples of both style adapters at hand, I really can't tell how visible the differences are.

It is conceivable that the seller doesn't have any chargers to test the adapters in and is relying upon what the supplier tells them.

Since there's plenty of time to wait to file an eBay case, I'll give the seller a couple more days to propose a solution.

LA_XTS

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Update.

I found a picture of the real Motorola MUC adapter on the web. It's apparent that the pictures used by the seller for both the SUC and MUC adapters are actually of a SUC version.

I sent the seller a the picture of the real adapter and we will see what they say.

ndp

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Same with Number Six, if they aren't complete garbage I'll buy a SUC unit off of you.

LA_XTS

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Here’s the response.

“Dear
Sorry for the mistake ,we just have this kind of product in sale, How do you want to solve this problem ?
whether you need other product in our store? we'd like to send you them which in the same price to replace the wrong product.
looking forward to your kindly reply.”

billyfromhill

I ordered one of each so we'll see what actually shows up. If they work out I will definitely order more for my MUCs

LA_XTS

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
The seller has modified the MUC adapter listing so the heading now indicates its for a SUC. There's still a reference in the item description that mentions MUC but the part number has been changed to that for the SUC adapter.

Apparently, they never had MUC adapters but assumed they were all the same.

OP
Mars

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
My order from FUCK HEAD arrived today. These are SUC adapters, not MUC adapters. I filed an "Item not as described". I told him I want 100% of my money back and he can pay return shipping. If they make me send it back, I will follow the advice indicated by the guy with no knickers.

I apologize to all of you for selling you on this guy. He is obviously a piece of shit and needs to die.

LA_XTS

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Not your fault Mars but rather the seller’s. I don’t blame you for telling us about them.

It looks like they sold a total of 21 before the listing heading was corrected so there are going to be several people (including the three of us that commented here that they bought them) that the seller will have to deal with. The smart move would be for the seller just to give a full refund and let people keep them.

Please let us know what happens. I have asked the seller to explain the offer to pick out something else from the store. Due to the time difference, it will probably be later today when I hear back. I suspect that this is just an attempt to keep my money and send me something else to avoid a refund. There is a lot of stuff in the store but little that I’d want to take a chance on.

OP
Mars

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Yeah, I want my money back. Things are tight these days. He's just another wannabe in the radio industry who has no clue WTF he/she is doing. A poser. They need to go do something else to make money, like pressure wash spit and piss stains off a sidewalk near a busy street corner. Sorry, but patience with people in this industry is extremely thin. Posers need to die, because there are many of us who are deserving of jobs, pensions and some financial stability. This guy fucked me, and I LOVE fucking people back. The only way this guy earns his free pass is with a 100% refund.

com501

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Interesting about Linda Wong. Didn't know that.

The adapters seem to be comparable to those for other radios that were sold by Motorola. One has to wonder whether these things and some of the replacement radio housings on eBay actually come from the same factories that make them for Motorola.
Uh yes, it most cases since it is in CHINA, the factories don't give a rats hind quarter about your IP, they will sell to anyone.

LA_XTS

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Here’s the latest after I told them that I wasn’t responsible for paying return shipping.

It will be interesting to see what they have said to Mars in response to his eBay case.

“Hello

Thanks for your kindly understanding,as for this case,,we'd like to assume the return shipping fee.

But, instead of returning this Charger Adapter,we prefer to give it to you as gift if you purchase other product in our store in proper amount
as you are really a high credit customer.

Looking forward to your kindly reply”

OP
Mars

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Uh yes, it most cases since it is in CHINA, the factories don't give a rats hind quarter about your IP, they will sell to anyone.
Hard to feel sorry for Motorola and their IP, when Motorola goes around charging people more than $200 Canadian dollars for six pieces of plastic. Just like they charge $30 for stickers, and other stupid shit like that.

As much as I am pissed off at the guy for inaccurately listing their counterfeit shit, I'm glad they're selling it in the first place. My contempt for Motorola cannot be measured. It's comparable to attempting to comprehend the distance between the Sun and Pluto in a meaningful way. Everything about that company is just wrong. They are not ethical, so why should other people attempt to practice those same principles with respect to exploiting them? What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.

PSEhub

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Yeah keep in mind that Believelin / VBLL / Linda Wong / Wang etc etc are not radio people. They are a business. They operate to make money.

They aren't radio experts, and don't claim to be.

If you want tech support, go with someone with english as a first language who takes the time to study service manuals like Knickerlessparsons.

For what they are, they offer decent products and service, and their feedback is reflective.

Its very hit and miss

There are some better products, like the APX antennas "OEM without packaging", dust covers, and xpr6550 housings.

They are pretty honest and up front, like if it has an OEM speaker but knockoff plastic, they will list it as such.

Usually when they call it "OEM without package" then it means it is one of their "better" products.

Then there are some products that don't fit quite as well, like the XTS housing PTT and CP200 knob fit and may require modification.

Some products are somewhere in the middle.

Its pretty hard to complain, when you know exactly what you are buying and who you are buying it from - Chinese knock offs.

Because of this, you can't say that all knockoffs are good, or that all knockoffs are bad. They vary, and there is only one way to find out - buy it and try it for yourself.

If it weren't for these products, many more radios would end up in e-waste. Overall, they fill a niche/void in the market that is a net-positive for the consumer and the environment.

Don't paint with a broad brush.

billyfromhill

Mine arrived. Received two SUC adapters. They work great but don't fit in my MUC. At least I can put both of them to use as I have enough old single chargers lying around.

LA_XTS

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I'm still waiting to figure out exactly what they are offering to do. They first told me to pick out something else of the same price from their store, that they would send it to me, and that I could keep the adapters. When I asked more questions, they said I should advise them of the new "order number" when I made a selection so they could send it to me. In my experience, eBay order numbers are generated when one buys something, so this doesn't make a lot of sense.

I previously bought a couple of the brightly colored XTS3000 housings to put on radios that I loan out at community events so they are easy to identify and less likely to walk away. The housings turned out to be pretty decent and good looking if you use original Motorola knobs when transferring the electronics from the old housing. I did have to use a nail file on the new housings to make the original clear/secure rocker knobs to turn smoothly but otherwise everything fit fine. As PSEhub notes, as long as you know what you are buying, they aren't a bad option to add life to older but still electronically sound radios. Certainly a better option than certain $20 radios for many uses.

com501

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I has able to get several different MUC adapters when I searched for MUCs for TETRA euro radios on eBay. An d a LOT cheaper than Motos ridiculous pricing.

SPECIAL_EYE

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
My package (speedpak) is showing as being in Canada and has been processed by customs and handed over to the delivery facility. Should have it next week. If they're for the SUC, back they will go. And I will not pay return shipping. These assholes in China offer "free returns", but fail to understand it costs $40+ for "boat shipping", which doesn't include a tracking number, and does not satisfy eBay in terms of proof I have returned the product.

The only way to ship crap with tracking, from Canada to China is via Airmail. And that means paying $90+ for shipping of an item that's only worth $80. Dealing with eBay's customer service and trying to explain this to them is impossible. I have been through it before. They don't get it. They think everyone lives in the USA and shipping only costs $5-10. Such ignorant, dumb fucks.

I don't have $80 to throw away, so if I don't get my money back, I will get my money out of harassing eBay employees until they commit suicide. Fuck eBay and the dirty Chinese who lie about what they sell and make it impossible to get a refund. Unfortunately, dealing with US sellers is just as painful, as return shipping (with a tracking number -- key factor) is $40-50.
One time I had a China seller send my items that were described as USB 2.0 wireless adapter both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. When they arrived they were only 2.4GHz band, just told the seller don't make me contact eBay and send refund... they did.

I've also had items not as described and sent a picture to eBay they refunded me without having to ship anything back, I just kept them.

Are you saying if they list free returns, that is not the case for a refund you have to ship back to them? If so will have to watch out for that.

OP
Mars

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
One time I had a China seller send my items that were described as USB 2.0 wireless adapter both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands. When they arrived they were only 2.4GHz band, just told the seller don't make me contact eBay and send refund... they did.

I've also had items not as described and sent a picture to eBay they refunded me without having to ship anything back, I just kept them.

Are you saying if they list free returns, that is not the case for a refund you have to ship back to them? If so will have to watch out for that.
Every single time I've had a "not as described" with eBay, they've made me pay return shipping, and it must include a tracking number. As you know, tracked shipping in Canada is outrageously expensive and shipping something back to China would be HUGE money.

I hate using eBay. It's always a pain in the ass. I much prefer Amazon or Aliexpress. Both have never given me any hassle. It's always a toss-up when purchasing things remotely. Most recently, eBay called me a scammer when I had ordered some water filters which were "out for delivery" with a certain private courier, but were never delivered. The courier's website showed "lost/missing while in transit", and eBay's tracking showed "Delivered" I had to argue with some dumb bitch for 3 days to get her to visit the courier's website and input the tracking number (which was also visible from eBay) to see the true status of the item.

Nothing pisses me off more than when I hear "contact the seller to resolve the issue". Most times the seller pulls a fast one and I do not get a refund. Then, when I have received refunds, I never get the exact amount I paid back, because of currency exchange differences.

eBay is a shit company because they make their platform expensive for sellers, and HORRIFIC for Canadians, thanks to that SHIT GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM MIDDLEMAN SCAM, in which Americans are forced to ship their goods to Pitney Bowes in Erlanger, KY., which then transports them to Canada, then opens our goods and repackages/relabels them, then hands them off to Canada Post or some unreliable courier for delivery. They charge GST + PST + Handling Fee + Brokerage fee. Shipment from Sender-->Receiver is extremely slow.

American friends: Please ship direct to Canadians, via the USPS. Do not use private couriers, such as UPS, FedEx or DHL. We get dicked with massive hidden fees. Items entering Canada via Canada Post must first be processed through customs (like anything else), but they seem to let things below about $50-60 declared value, slide through without any extra fees. Delivery time is quite reasonable, too. When a private courier is used, they charge fees on EVERY SINGLE SHIPMENT, even if it's declared as $2.00 or something. They do this because they make massive profits from their "handling" or "brokerage" fees.

Anyway. Yeah. I'm sure any Canadian reading this will click the like button.