• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

Connect Plus Subscriber Orders Update: Cancellation Notice

phonebuff

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter

Just a reminder -- As I had forgotten that the last order date was approaching rapidly --

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connect Plus Subscriber Orders Update: Cancellation Notice​

(New Systems and System Expansions were previously cancelled)

The MOTOTRBO™ Connect Plus device product line will be cancelled and available for order until September 30, 2021, or later while supplies last. The last ship date will be December 31, 2021.

NOTE: Devices orders placed must have a scheduled ship date no later than December 31, 2021.

Aftermarket product support will be available for the MOTOTRBO™ Connect Plus product line through 2025 via commercially reasonable efforts post cancellation through the Customer Support Centers (CSC).

gMan1971

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Never used Connect Plus, was it any good? Or is it one of those things that some would say "Good riddance!"

G.

Viper1-6

Prolific Contributor
Use a connect plus system on a client site. It worked, and worked well. No complaints, even using Gen 1 subs.

xpr8300

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
From a system perspective, I loved connect plus. From a subscriber programming perspective, it was kludged together mickey mouse BS wrapped in "who the hell thought this shit up?"

calling it poorly implemented would be an insult to all other poorly implemented things worldwide!

ve3nsv

From a system perspective, I loved connect plus. From a subscriber programming perspective, it was kludged together mickey mouse BS wrapped in "who the hell thought this shit up?"

calling it poorly implemented would be an insult to all other poorly implemented things worldwide!
If you worked on a Passport system in the early days you would have felt right at home.

Keith

Contributing Member
It was a good system if you implemented it correctly and didn't have alligator sites (talk out WAY farther than they hear).
The second thing that could be an issue in not performing the file maintenance on the controllers. You have to go in at least once a month and download and clear the logs or the controller would crap out. The later versions of the software may have fixed this,,, but it was something that you needed to pay attention to.
Another serious issue with t was the crap routers that they demanded you use. They had little ability to secure the connectivity between the sites. I ended up putting Cisco 5505 firewalls in place of those and they worked flawlessly for linking between sites across the Internet.

The fact that the site voting was worked out by the subscriber and not an RSSI at the infrastructure end made getting the settings for hand off's to other sites a bit of a pain. And we have serious alligators. One was at Broad and High down town, in an area known as Intermod alley and the other site was at a UHF TV commercial broadcast tower. So both were half deaf due to the near field RF radiation and noise on the UHF band. For comparison I run a GMRS repeater that will talk between 2 and 3 counties in most directions and FAR out talks the two combined sites on market frequencies (like FB8 for the license footprint) And of course, DMR will typically out talk analog any day of the week.