• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

Converting 800 MHz HT1000 to Vhf with narrow capability

Status
P

PRC148

Not Registered
I dug around in the garage and came up with this old H01UCC6AA3DN HT1000 in 800 MHz. I found a Vhf RF deck and would like to covert it over. I have the old labtool B02.07.00 but of course it has no idea what narrow band is and doesn't have a DN model selection available.

Any ideas? It has been at least a decade since I've messed with these old HT1000s. I still think they had some of the best receivers and audio out there.

JMINN699

Prolific Contributor
Ht1000`s are narrow bandable. In channel configuration channel options If bandwidth.

OP
P

PRC148

Not Registered
But they have to be a DN model to accept the .XXXX frequencies. Is there something I'm missing? I thought you had to have a DN controller which I should have in this DN 800 model. If I convert it over to a Vhf then read it with regular newer RSS will it accept frequencies such as 154.4525?

JMINN699

Prolific Contributor
I`m sorry. It will narrow band, but you need the DN model to due 2.5 step needed for 154.4525. Guess you won`t be using VTAC12. I will look at my lab tool and see what is available. Too bad you don`t want UHF I have a slew of those controller boards.

OP
P

PRC148

Not Registered
I just now put a Vhf deck in the 800 DN radio. I'm going to mess with lab and see if anything will work.

JMINN699

Prolific Contributor
I have not tried this, but since you have a DN logic board, using HexEditor it you can find in LAB.exe where the program verifies model numbers before performing clone, you might be able to dump a DN program into it via clone

OP
P

PRC148

Not Registered
I think I got it. I just changed the model # to a DN. Lab complained but when read and written with regular RSS it accepted it and allowed the narrow frequencies.

G

glenn778

Not Registered
Just wondering JMINN699 do you still have the uhf controller boards for the ht1000? I have a ht1000 I need to change.
lmk,
Glenn

JMINN699

Prolific Contributor
If you need a DN model I will have to see if I have another. I have several complete pre DN model HT1000.

G

glenn778

Not Registered
The ht1000 is a vhf, but it is hosed. I was going the change out the board and make it an uhf model. If you have a dn, that would be great, but being that it is being used on the ham bands it real doesn't matter.
thanks, and lmk,
Glenn kd6vgw

Status