Definitely not stolen lmao

gMan1971

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
It is certainly alarming to see the amount of stolen radios that pop on eBay...

crazyboy

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
While I can’t vouch for the background or condition of the radio. I can vouch for the poster, his statements and profile are accurate. No way it is simply inhibited, my guess would be a hardware issue and probably a tagless radio. Still doesn’t make it look any better, especially with the number of legitimately stolen radios floating around.

Edit: No I am not the Facebook poster, before someones imagination wanders off the deep end.

OP
EM36

EM36

BDA Wizard
CS Forums $upporter
Well they deleted the thread. I made a comment there and poof lol

cyrus

Trailer Park Superintendent
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
A buddy of mine bought a vhf apx3000 from Alvaro at Dayton. Turns out his partner in crime, Evan, dumped a vhf codeplug into a uhf unit.

Unit was promptly returned for a full refund.

axel

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Alvaro is very hit or miss. Our club in college got a lot of 5000's and 2500's from him and never had any issues, but I've heard plenty of horror stories as well.

OP
EM36

EM36

BDA Wizard
CS Forums $upporter
I'm still in there but they deleted the sale. Maybe someone realized how much it stunk. Maybe they got lots complaints. Someone here vouched for the guy but he never responded on fb. Strange is right.

NSPD

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I bought my first APX7000 from Alvaro. He told me he had a VHF/800 one coming in with matching tags, etc. It comes in an it's an XE and Green, so price is a little higher. Okay, whatever. I get the radio and it has a different codeplug shoved into it, different serial number, etc. He claimed he had no idea and was "so mad at the guy who traded it in". I dismissed it and moved along.

I later got a UHF1/UHF2 APX7000 from him in trade and the whole control top is loose. I sent it back to be "repaired" (he had me send it to Washington State btw) and it returned with Gorilla Glue under the control top, no sh!t. I raised hell and he send me my radio back and I sent him the APX back, wanted me to ship it to some guy right outside Chicago.

I know its already been stated but Alvaro is beyond shady. I would not deal with him and I got banned from. The FB group when I called him out on something.

Number 6

T¹ ÆS Ø - Site Host
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
Is Alvaro a member of CS?