EFJ 5100/51SL encryption

Status

TheCave

CS Forums $upporter
Is there a way to have the radio unmute on an encrypted transmission?

Pezking

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
This is the second time you asked about having a radio unmute on encrypted transmissions. Commercial gear is made to not unmute unless it has the proper key. If you really must hear garbled nonsense, buy a scanner.

Alpha

T¹ ÆS Ø - Moderator, CS Forums $upporter
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
With Astro radios (I know this works at least with Astro Sabers/XTS3000) you can hit the "monitor" button if you really want to hear the gobledygook.

You can also hear the muted MDC blasts that way too (disables DOS muting)...

Pezking

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
With Astro radios (I know this works at least with Astro Sabers/XTS3000) you can hit the "monitor" button if you really want to hear the gobledygook.

You can also hear the muted MDC blasts that way too (disables DOS muting)...

It works on the ASTRO25 line as well but I don't know why anyone would want to hear that garbage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

T

troydaniels

Not Registered
That so-called garbage can be extremely useful. It can alert a person that law enforcement is in the vicinity and operating on an encrypted special ops channel. By monitoring the output frequencies of law enforcement encrypted radio transmissions, using attenuation, and having an antenna tuned to only receive nearby frequencies a person can be aware of when law enforcement is operating within 1/16 of a mile of the receiver. For me that garbage is gold.
It works on the ASTRO25 line as well but I don't know why anyone would want to hear that garbage.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
That so-called garbage can be extremely useful. It can alert a person that law enforcement is in the vicinity and operating on an encrypted special ops channel. By monitoring the output frequencies of law enforcement encrypted radio transmissions, using attenuation, and having an antenna tuned to only receive nearby frequencies a person can be aware of when law enforcement is operating within 1/16 of a mile of the receiver. For me that garbage is gold.
Why? Are you a criminal? This board does not extend any sort of welcome to anyone involved in victimizing others/criminal activity.

Firecpt809

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
1/16 of a mile?? that would be like 300 ft .. If the Police were that close you don't have much time to run pal...

Status