EMWave Multiband Portable Antenna

Viper1-6

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Screenshot_20211105-215645_Drive.jpg

Anyone using this antenna?

Likes? Dislikes?

I bought an EMWave 7/800MHz 1/4 wave and like it.

n3pi

Contributing Member
Unless they changed their first revision, it does not fit on the APX line. The bottom rubber piece of the antenna, is too thick and you can't barely fit it all the way for the center pin of the SMA to make contact.

EM Wave has a 700/800/UHF (a little longer about half inch than the one you bought) and works better. Big Mother tested this one and according to their rf guys, works better than theirs (of course no GPS) and were looking for a way to imprint their logo... But they will not officially say anything about it.

Hope this helps.

OP
V

Viper1-6

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Unless they changed their first revision, it does not fit on the APX line. The bottom rubber piece of the antenna, is too thick and you can't barely fit it all the way for the center pin of the SMA to make contact.

EM Wave has a 700/800/UHF (a little longer about half inch than the one you bought) and works better. Big Mother tested this one and according to their rf guys, works better than theirs (of course no GPS) and were looking for a way to imprint their logo... But they will not officially say anything about it.

Hope this helps.

I don't own any APX radios, but have 4 (VHF/UHF-R1/7-800MHz) XTS2500's, while I have OEM antennas for them, I am/was considering the EMWave antenna as alternatives.