• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

Encrypted Scan List Question

zsneese

I’ve done a lot of searching and can’t find an answer so can you edit the scan list by reading and rewriting in CPS on an ADP encrypted radio without reentering the encryption keys? Or do you have to reenter the encryption keys in order for it to write?

cyrus

Trailer Park Superintendent
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
You’ll need to reenter the keys.

The only way to do it without reentering the keys is to edit a saved copy and write that to the radio.

Reactions: ndp

triptolemus

T¹ ÆS Ø - Moderator
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
Sounds like you need some UCMs and a KVL if you’re still playing in the ADP ballpark. KFDtool is a good alternative.

You might be surprised how much ADP is out there in municipal services. It is more than good enough to eliminate every whacker and Feed Provider out there -- which really is the goal.

Notarola

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Since you mentioned UCM in the Astro25 line you do not need to reload the keys software or UCM. I often edit the codeplug TGs and other info and do not reenter key sets.

Notarola

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
To add to trips comment. ADP is fine many of the agencies I have worked with regularly rotate the keys. Once a month is enough to keep a reasonable expectation of privacy. We must also remember that in many areas its a huge issue to decrypt anyone using any form of privacy protection.

TRENT310

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
The difference is software DSP-based ADP, versus UCM/MACE-backed ADP where the first method has keys entered in the codeplug itself. That detail wasn't actually mentioned in the original post for us to be able to assume.