• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

"FD" Waris radios

Status

AFleetingGlimpse

Contributing Member
I've seen a handful of "FD" Waris radios (usually HT1250 or HT750). Was wondering what the difference was between these; if they had any special features etc. I noticed that most do not have the model # on the sticker.

I

iamjason

Not Registered
As I understand they're pretty much the same, except Motorola created its own "region byte" for the federal radios to keep Joe Somebody from getting a hold of federal codeplugs.

That is, unless whatever CPS the government used to read/write these radios had some special options that could be enabled, but I doubt it.

OP
AFleetingGlimpse

AFleetingGlimpse

Contributing Member
Yeah that sounds about right..

I had also heard mention of the VHF 1250s possibly being FPP, but in all the codeplugs (some original FD samples) & Tanapas I've gone thru, I've seen no such thing. So other than the special defined "region byte" and no model # on the front sticker, I've seen nothing special otherwise. The ones I've owned and serviced at work all were early make (black battery gasket).

kc2obw

Prolific Contributor
I think I may have asked this same question on this site or another. From what I was told the FD radios where actually made in the USA as per the contract. There is no difference other then that.

com501

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I wish YOU would STOP bouncing WHEN you POST. I CAN'T concentrate!!!:)

kc2obw

Prolific Contributor
I wish YOU would STOP bouncing WHEN you POST. I CAN'T concentrate!!!:)

lol sorry com.

The info below is from a Facebook group. I asked the same question on there awhile ago and this is the response I got

The HT1250 FG model was assembled in the US as opposed to overseas to meet fed purchasing requirements. Some of them also used different CPS. Functionally, they're identical to the standard HT's.

Status