Firmware 1.2 is out - encryption ignore

Status

noaffiliatefan

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
People are calling it mute, but it's actually ignore.

Works well.

Upgrade was a bit wonky but nothing I couldn't figure out after a couple of reboots and some coffee.

OP
N

noaffiliatefan

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Also, can confirm the bluetooth beeps are gone... That's a very welcome change as well.

tuckerm

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Anyone try doing the DMR upgrade after this firmware? The DMR upgrader crashes.

c17lvfd

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Anyone try doing the DMR upgrade after this firmware? The DMR upgrader crashes.

Tuck, I just did it without issue and successfully was able to receive a DMR transmission.

When I went to do the firmware updater, I had already loaded 1.2... So it told me I was already good to go... Just went into the PPS, changed the model number per the .pdf on their website and away I went.

Frequency is under the frequency & system settings...
The slot timing is under protocol parameters...
Talkgroup ID setting is under GROUP ID...
Color Code is under the individual channel setting...

Hope that's helpful.
Seth

Jim1348

Prolific Contributor
Firmware 1.2 Is Out - Encryption Ignore

Thank you for posting that. I did see that, but I haven't done that firmware update yet, but I probably will soon.

I have been hoping for encryption mute/ignore for some time now. Typically, it is not an issue where I am normally because I simply haven't programmed in any talk-group that are encrypted. Does it work in Trunk Search mode,too, or whatever they call the Wildcard mode?

The Bluetooth update has been a long time coming, too. It really is a non-issue for me, but it could be handy to connect, via Bluetooth, to a nice, good quality communications speaker.

I am still hoping for talk-group lockout in the search/wildcard mode. If it never comes, it isn't the end of the world, but it would be nice, nevertheless.

crazyboy

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Has anyone that has a valid encryption key tried the encryption mute function? I am wondering if it checks to see if it has a matching key loaded before ignoring the audio, or if it just ignores any encrypted audio.

tuckerm

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Tuck, I just did it without issue and successfully was able to receive a DMR transmission.

When I went to do the firmware updater, I had already loaded 1.2... So it told me I was already good to go... Just went into the PPS, changed the model number per the .pdf on their website and away I went.

Frequency is under the frequency & system settings...
The slot timing is under protocol parameters...
Talkgroup ID setting is under GROUP ID...
Color Code is under the individual channel setting...

Hope that's helpful.
Seth

I don't even get that far. When running the DMR upgrader it crashes as soon as it reads the target and the whole PPS goes away. Fresh install on a computer, too. I'll have to try another PC and see what happens.

c17lvfd

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I don't even get that far. When running the DMR upgrader it crashes as soon as it reads the target and the whole PPS goes away. Fresh install on a computer, too. I'll have to try another PC and see what happens.

I didn’t end up using the dime upgrader at all. Just used the standard firmware upgrade tool for the G5 on the Unication website. Once it was upgraded to 1.2, swapped the model # and done.

Seth

Jim1348

Prolific Contributor
Firmware 1.2 Is Out - Encryption Ignore

I did the update this morning.

I am wearing Bluetooth headphones as I type this and there are no beeps.

The encryption mute/ignore must be working because I selected something that does have often have some encryption and I didn't hear any of it.

box

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Has anyone that has a valid encryption key tried the encryption mute function? I am wondering if it checks to see if it has a matching key loaded before ignoring the audio, or if it just ignores any encrypted audio.

Someone posted the PPS description of the feature on that other site.

Might be poor documentation or just a bad copy/paste but it would appear that if the feature is enabled it completely ignores encrypted transmissions regardless of if a key is loaded.

a1emt

CS Forums $upporter
Anyone else noticing talkgroup names occasionally failing to display after the firmware update? I am noticing about 1 in 10 transmissions displaying the talkgroup number instead of the programmed name.

Status