• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

Firmware upgrade and feature activation walk-throughs here

Status

Ice-T

Prolific Contributor

leecom1907

Thank you for the files very helpful as I am just starting to familiarize myself with the trbo product line.

OP
Ice-T

Ice-T

Prolific Contributor
No problem, glad to see somebody's gotten some use out of them!

leecom1907

I have four xpr6500 vhf portables Model AAH55JDH9JA1AN PMUD2186AANBA. I downloaded the latest firmware off mol and am running 8.0 for cps. I installed the firmware and when I hit update it says "no matching packages exist". Three of the four portables have firmware R01.03.02 one has R01.07.00.

Magnus

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I think you need 8.5 to install the newest firmware off of MOL.

leecom1907

After reading through the briefs on MOL I found where it said that. Anyone have a older firmware version I could get so I don't loose my wideband privileges.

leecom1907

The older stuff has been taken down. The latest and "greatest" is up now.

cyrus

Trailer Park Superintendent
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
The CPS limits your bandwidth.

IIRC, I was programming a radio with older firmware and CPS8.5 and it forced me to narrowband my wideband channels before I could write to the radio.

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
The older stuff has been taken down. The latest and "greatest" is up now.
Just FYI, the reason I kill off the older firmware is because we do not have the disk space (quota) to host old firmware. Our quota is 20GB and we're constantly hovering around 15GB or so. We need space for logs and backups.

For those who need to use wideband on the ham band, Moto will give you a free EID if you're authorized (customer). I realize not everyone is a "customer", but the option is there for those who go through legit channels. Not slamming those who aren't; I realize the cost of CPS is quite high. But the CPS subscription (I paid around $275) does also entitle one to CPS/programming support and all kinds of other resources. It's a good deal.

Notarola

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I agree on keeping items like the firmware current. Long time visitors will have had the oppertunity to download and save earlier versions. Im sure a requewst in the apropriate forum will have someone offer to upload it to you.

Status