Freedom R8100 4.2.0.0 available.

moetorola

For arm pits sake
CS Forums $upporter
4.2.0.0 FW update fixes APX BN portables Autotest/Align test issues.

APX BN Mobiles will be in a future update. (monitor, actually even states this when I tried an APX6500 E5).

Still not able to save test cable calibrations with this update. Must manually enable and select after every monitor boot.

xpr8300

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
If only they would fix the ASTRO25 incessant lockup issue...

Were you able to successfully load it? I prepared the USB like i have done a million times in the past, and the stupid box is saying update not found on any USB devices.

Last edited:
OP
moetorola

moetorola

For arm pits sake
CS Forums $upporter
Were you able to successfully load it? I prepared the USB like i have done a million times in the past, and the stupid box is saying update not found on any USB devices.
Yes, No problems. Did you run the windows batch file on the USB drive?

xpr8300

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Yes, the box didn't like my 32GB USB drive, regardless of file system. I had to dig out an old 1gb one and it took.

EM36

BDA Wizard
CS Forums $upporter
Yes, the box didn't like my 32GB USB drive, regardless of file system. I had to dig out an old 1gb one and it took.
Similar issues on my Viavi box, they made a mod earlier this year that fixed this, my understanding was it was low voltage driving the usb port. I also did an update on my viavi last week and had issues reading the stick with a expanded zip updates installed on it, the machine wouldnt recognize until I reformatted the drive with a different allocation unit size. Once that was done it worked fine again. Wonder if Freedom has a similar issue on their port.

xpr8300

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
As many issues they seem to have *COUGH: ASTRO25 lock ups when changing radio types* it wouldn't surprise me.

ndp

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I know we're all used to it with Motorola, but honestly what ridiculous shortcomings in something that's so expensive. It's 2021, not 2007 - you should not have to deal with quirks like USB drive size limitations and persistent crashes in something that costs 25 grand.

xpr8300

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
25 Grand as the base price... we have close to 50 (maybe more) in our box with all of the upgrades! We could have bought service vehicles for the price of this damn box. Which I would be ok with, if my techs didnt have to reboot it every time we go from an XTS to an XTL or an APX to an XTS....

PSEhub

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Asstronics literally tells customers "just don't use the presets".

They've literally given up trying to fix the preset bugs.

If its so buggy, why even put the preset functionality in?

The Viavi 8800 is garbage, 3920B is too big and loud, and Asstronics is super buggy.

There is no good option on the market.

3920B for the shop, and Asstronics 8100 for the field is fine, but they all suck for duplexer and combiner work, still need an Anritsu or something.

And for antennas, the siteHawk is still the better tool.

There is no all in one unit on the market currently.

xpr8300

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
The more I use this box the more i hate it and wish we had gone with Aeroflex.

A customer is asking for their test report.. ok no problem. Plug in USB drive, go to reports menu. WTF no option to export anymore. As in gone... sigh. Now what?? All of the reports are there, just no options to export them to USB. I tried several drives and even rebooted with the USB in. Why does this thing have to be so stupid?

EM36

BDA Wizard
CS Forums $upporter
Asstronics literally tells customers "just don't use the presets".

They've literally given up trying to fix the preset bugs.

If its so buggy, why even put the preset functionality in?

The Viavi 8800 is garbage, 3920B is too big and loud, and Asstronics is super buggy.

There is no good option on the market.

3920B for the shop, and Asstronics 8100 for the field is fine, but they all suck for duplexer and combiner work, still need an Anritsu or something.

And for antennas, the siteHawk is still the better tool.

There is no all in one unit on the market currently.
OT but curious why you dislike the 8800SX? I've had one for 2 years now and I've found it pretty decent and reliable.

PSEhub

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Mostly the GUI, and it seems less testing goes on for Autotest, we've had more issues on that platform.

Its prrety clear 3920b just gets more attention from the manufacturers and Viavi