• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

IMPRES Charger versions (WPLN4121BR)

Status

geekguy15

Contributing Member
Good evening all,
I have been looking at picking up a IMPRES gang charger (WPLN4121BR) for the small fleet of XTS2500/5000 I maintain.
Looking at listings from fleabay I'm noticing that the V3.00 chargers are noticeably cheaper then V3.30 and V3.40 chargers.

My question, what is the difference between the versioning? Is it worth it to spend an extra ~$50 to go for a V3.40 revision, if so why?

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Great question! It would be much easier to answer and address if Motorola would simply publish a complete change log of firmware versions.

I would say you are fine. The most significant changes occurred 10 to 15 years ago.

I'll make you a deal. If you get screwed and can't charge your batteries, take the unit apart, and send me each module and I will upgrade them for you for free, plus you pay return shipping.

Gtaman

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Ditto to what Mars said. I’ll take up that offer as well. Send them to me and they will come back with the latest firmware.

rainbowpenguin

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I'm in the US and have an impres firmware updater unit... I'll do the same, or you can 'rent' my updater for the cost of a 6-pack.

escomm

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
IIRC V3.40 introduced support for XTS2500 Lithium Ion batteries and NNTN6034 high cap batteries

Status