• If posting about a radio issue: Include the HOST, DSP and UCM/secure firmware versions, flashcode and CPS version you're using along with the operating system info. This is critical information.

IMPRES firmware 4.2 is out

Status

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I checked to see if there were any updates for the IMPRES Field Programmer (IFP) this morning, and sure enough 4.2 is out. This is an update from 3.11.

IMPRES-update.jpg

Attached are release notes.

For anyone who isn't aware of this stuff, all IMPRES chargers can be field-upgraded by means of a flash update. There's a connector on the board which attaches to the field programmer. Oldschool IMPRES SUCs (from the early 2000s), IMPRES MUCs, the Single MOTOTRBO chargers that come with the 3000/6000/7000 series.. APX chargers. Everything. Anything that has the IMPRES label on the bottom and shows a firmware version, such as 3.4, or 3.9, etc, can be upgraded.

If anyone needs upgrades, I can do them -- but I'm in Canada.

Attachments

• IMPRES_field_programmer_release_notes.pdf
    383.8 KB · Views: 67

PSEhub

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
The 1st gen MUC are a pain, as each pod must be done, and then when you think you're all done, you have 6 displays left to do :)

Its important to realize, 3.4 > 4.2 only affects edge cases. 4.2 only affects in-vehicle chargers. The other bumps include minor improvements when leaving radios on in charger.

I say just don't leave radios on in charger. Lot easier than upgrading.

Anything 3.4 or later is fine for 99% of circumstances.

OP
Mars

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
No, you're wrong. You can't charge your batteries unless the firmware is at 4.2. Otherwise, the charger will not charge whatsoever.

sjxts3000

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I checked to see if there were any updates for the IMPRES Field Programmer (IFP) this morning, and sure enough 4.2 is out. This is an update from 3.11.

View attachment 13796

Attached are release notes.

For anyone who isn't aware of this stuff, all IMPRES chargers can be field-upgraded by means of a flash update. There's a connector on the board which attaches to the field programmer. Oldschool IMPRES SUCs (from the early 2000s), IMPRES MUCs, the Single MOTOTRBO chargers that come with the 3000/6000/7000 series.. APX chargers. Everything. Anything that has the IMPRES label on the bottom and shows a firmware version, such as 3.4, or 3.9, etc, can be upgraded.

If anyone needs upgrades, I can do them -- but I'm in Canada.

What cable is needed to do these upgrades?
On my dual charger, it has a mini-USB connector.
On my SUC charger, it has what looks like an RJ-11 jack.

OP
Mars

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Guys, Google the RLN5671A.

If any of you are serious, get one while you can. Supposedly they will be NLA once stock is depleted.

RJ11 is not used. Motorola put it there so you can plug your telephone handset in. You can talk to your charger if you're bored. I'd rather do that than talk on the goddamn HAM repeater.

PSEhub

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter

If any of you are serious, get one while you can. Supposedly they will be NLA once stock is depleted.

RJ11 is not used. Motorola put it there so you can plug your telephone handset in. You can talk to your charger if you're bored. I'd rather do that than talk on the goddamn HAM repeater.

Considering Motorola posts IMPRES fleet management and Charger reprogrammer publicly on this page, I don't think it would be a huge deal https://www.motorolasolutions.com/e...charger-accessories/nntn7676.html#tabresource

I have an RLN5671A and have used it once to test it. Just haven't come across anything earlier than 3.4 being worth my time.

Gtaman

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter

I ordered one. If anyone is at Dayton all is welcome to use it. RR members and others at a cost.

OP
Mars

Mars

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Here's the utility.

Note to HSI and Moto whackers: This utility is only useful to those who have purchased the RLN5671A. It's useless to anyone else. It can't be hax0red. It's a utility, not programming software.

Attachments

• IFP Update V1.12 - Charger V4.2 - Display V1.7 - IFP V1.1.zip
    909 KB · Views: 35
Status