KNG-M150R "Audio PA Short to Ground"

Colt45ws

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Im seeing this message come up on the screen when the radio boots, but I havent been able to source any such problems. The radio also boops and bleeps just fine when I press buttons. I think the radio is blowing smoke up my rear.
Ive checked the DB25 breakouts on both the deck and the head, nothing found. All its connected to is one speaker on the head.
Any suggestions?

Last edited:

scoutcamper

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
I've seen that error before but every time I've seen it it has been legitimate. Keep in mind that the speaker connector has 2 speaker outputs on it, and if one gets shorted to ground the radio will know, even if the other one is fine.

Reactions: ndp
OP
Colt45ws

Colt45ws

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Yeah, none of the connectors were anywhere close to being shorted on anything. I checked multiple times. Only the SPKR 1 output on the head is being used, connected to a unmolested brand new official BK speaker.
While I was messing with it trying to figure it out however, the error went away as mysteriously as it appeared.

Mountain_Comm

I had that with a remote control unit. Turned out to be a bad control head. Back to Relm, I mean bendix king sorry BK nope oh yeah BK technologies. Oh yeah and another one if you control head predates october 2019 (i think) you had better run the java script mobile head disabler on the RF deck. Affect control head when it get cold. something todo with some logic still on in the RF deck without a control head. oh one other thing DO NOT USE version P firmware, especially if you use a P25P2 system. if radio keys up (like try to register with the system controller) within the first 3-5 seconds it causes the radio to lock up. Q seems ok