Liberty Batteries

NSPD

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Not to kick a dead horse but...

Last fall someone with inside information posted that GTS would be offering Liberty batteries Q1 2021. I tried to contact GTS to follow-up but got no reply.

The Salem Unlimited stuff seems to be vaporware as well.

Anyone have any updates?

Samg381

Contributing Member
I emailed the owner last week and asked several detailed questions about the battery specifications, and didn't really receive much clarification other than the information already listed on the website. I got a paypal invoice this morning for $375, but will obviously not be paying until I receive more concrete information.

OP
NSPD

NSPD

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
$375 for a battery??

Reactions: ndp

TRS

Prolific Contributor
If it's Salem,more than likely it's for a single battery. If they even have it.

OP
NSPD

NSPD

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Hard pass on that. Hopefully the GTS information was true.

OP
NSPD

NSPD

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Thanks for posting the link, again a hard pass at those prices especially on an unproven brand that needs its own charger.

CARC383

Prolific Contributor
I don't know the original capacity of the Liberty battery (I only owned a radio for a week) but the new ones have huge capacity like 9,900mAh. They are also on Ebay.

ndp

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Is the radio really that great enough to justify a nearly $400 battery? With the price of the subscriber unit coupled with the price and stock of accessories it seems like you might as well buy something else...

OP
NSPD

NSPD

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
Is the radio really that great enough to justify a nearly $400 battery? With the price of the subscriber unit coupled with the price and stock of accessories it seems like you might as well buy something else...
I think people mostly want them for units they already have, but no, IMHO, its not worth spending $400 on a battery.

TRS

Prolific Contributor
No, it isn't that great. It's more of a collector thing.