Looking for schematic for Quantro UHF 225 watt PA

Radiospencer

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
All,
I am looking for a schematic and parts list for the 225 watt Quantro/MSF5000 UHF station. The part number for the high power PA in a Quantro is TTE1741/TTE1742. Thanks!

Navy_BOFH

Prolific Contributor
CS Forums $upporter
I would like to request PDFs if anyone has the Quantro manuals/supplements for upload. The Quantar manuals are easy to find but Quantro aren't - and all I have is access to a single paper copy binder 50+ miles away from my home.

OP
R

Radiospencer

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
I did have the info for the 110 watt PA since it's the standard PA in the Quantro and MSF5000 110 watt stations but it seems that the documentation for the second stage amp that is used in the high power 225 watt station is not readily available. The 110 watt PA is the driver to the high power second stage. I'd observe that a 3 db gain for the size/weight of the second PA and power supply seems a bit on the 'inefficient' side of things. Thanks in any case!

Number 6

T¹ ÆS Ø - Site Host
Staff member
CS Forums $upporter
I did have the info for the 110 watt PA since it's the standard PA in the Quantro and MSF5000 110 watt stations but it seems that the documentation for the second stage amp that is used in the high power 225 watt station is not readily available. The 110 watt PA is the driver to the high power second stage. I'd observe that a 3 db gain for the size/weight of the second PA and power supply seems a bit on the 'inefficient' side of things. Thanks in any case!
Noted. Check with motorola_otaku. I believe that he had a full manual at one time.

TESTMODE

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
I looked through my Quantar / Quantro manual. It has a very basic block diagram with instructions to refer to the MSF5K DSM for schematic and parts list. I believe I still have that manual in a box somewhere. If all else fails, I just checked ebay and there are a few available on there. 6881082E10 is the one that has EVERYTHING.

I'll scan the table of contents of the Quantro stuff to see if anyone needs anything scanned. The binder is nearly 6 inches thick and covers all bands Quantar, Quantro, DSS-III, and ASTRO-TAC.

OP
R

Radiospencer

Contributing Member
CS Forums $upporter
TM-
Appreciate you checking. I have pretty much all the MSF manuals but lack the info on the high power version. They were a bit rare. An alternative source would probably be the PURC 5000 where high power in paging applications is more the norm. I will see if those pop up somewhere. If you do find anything on the 225 watt PA, would greatly appreciate a scan. Thanks!